PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

untouchablez is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you turn Bluetooth on with fewer clicks?

I use an app called CicleBT. It has a pretty small footprint and I just throw it in my programs tab and I have instant BT on & off.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Or, use SPB Phone Suite and the today plug-in gives you a button.

Or, to make it very easy, use AEButton+ and associate the back-arrow button double click/long click.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
If you can find an executable that will toggle bluetooth, you could create a shortcut to it and name it Long_Power.lnk and put it in the \Windows Directory. Then any time you press and hold the power button for a few seconds it would run that app. I did this an app that toggles vibrate/ringer.

A similar way would be to assign that app to the long send key press in the "Buttons" control panel.

One other way would be with a program like AE button plus. You could, for example, set the d-pad button to toggle bluetooth on/off when you press if for a few seconds. AE Button plus has the ability to do this without the need for an additional program to toggle it like I mentioned in the 2 methods above. I personally would prefer this method, but to each their own.
listen to this man and his AE button plus rec. This guy has been promoting that product for ages...and I'm glad he did b/c I can't live without that program now. Good stuff Stroths.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

def a noob question but i see that microsoft push email toggle on and off ... when u turn it on even if u have pop accounts created it will push the email to u all day .... ? must drain the battery but cool feature if u dont have imap true push email i guess....
Old 10-28-2008, 09:29 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Used the DiamondTweaks program and set my left softkey on home tab to comm manager... now its one click to the bluetooth. I use it several times a day.
This is an elegant solution as oen surely doesnt need the [phone] on the softkey
Old 10-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI
Used the DiamondTweaks program and set my left softkey on home tab to comm manager... now its one click to the bluetooth. I use it several times a day.

This is an elegant solution as oen surely doesnt need the [phone] on the softkey
Thank you and You're Welcome...

though I'm going to look into that program AE+ for other program shortcut options...
Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Thank you and You're Welcome...

though I'm going to look into that program AE+ for other program shortcut options...
Yes, I highly reccomend this product. It is fast, stable, and feature-rich. Plus, he has been updating the same version for a while, so he is surely not trying to steal the money of his customers, by releasing a new version every other month, and have after 4-6 months an upgrade charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
def a noob question but i see that microsoft push email toggle on and off ... when u turn it on even if u have pop accounts created it will push the email to u all day .... ? must drain the battery but cool feature if u dont have imap true push email i guess....
No; this is not available unless you have Outlook configured to use an Exchange account- so to answer your question, no this is not possible. However there is plenty of options to getting push email/contacts/tasks/calendar, like SyncML clients (scheduleworld.com), or some actual Exchange-based services, some being free.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
I use an app called CicleBT. It has a pretty small footprint and I just throw it in my programs tab and I have instant BT on & off.
This is a great and simple solution. I just put the CircleBT program in my Start Menu and it turns on/off Bluetooth with one click. It's a free application from WinMobileApps and the cab file is available at http://www.winmobileapps.com/downloa...ps_CicleBT.CAB.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I used AEbutton+ to map my round center button to turn on/turn off BT with a double click. I use it a few times daily.

~John
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

this is the one thing i use AEB Plus for. Got it set for when I hold down the send key to toggle bluetooth. Use it daily.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro