PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Volume Buttons not working right (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41893)

stroths 10-27-2008 07:40 PM

Volume Buttons not working right

I no longer have volume control. If I press the volume up or down buttons on the side of the TP, they act like an up or down rather than a volume control.

I'm trying to narrow down what tweak or program caused this behavior. At first I thought it was AE Button Plus, but after a hard reset I didn't install this and got the behavior again. I think it might be the Diamond tweak utility.

Has anyone else run into this? Anyone have a possible fix?

EDIT: Didn't narrow it down to a specific app, but I suspect its something in the Diamond Tweak app. I've hard reset and left that app out and I don't have the issues now.

darren.wlsn1 10-27-2008 07:43 PM

Re: Volume Buttons not working right

theres some app. thats causing this. damm, icant think what it was. you install anything new?

TurboFool 10-27-2008 07:44 PM

I seem to recall there being something in the DiamondTweak utility specifically related to the volume control. There's something that adjusts the volume utility to the standard Windows bubble instead of the HTC one (and it changes it by default, so I had to change it back to HTC), so perhaps that's related?

stroths 10-27-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 479791)
theres some app. thats causing this. damm, icant think what it was. you install anything new?

Most of the stuff I have manually installed worked fine on my Mogul. The Diamond Tweak is the only thing new I can think of. On my wife's TP, I installed Diamond Tweak and a few other minor things (Audiopara3.csv, disable sent message notifications). Hers is doing the same thing.

I'm pretty sure something in the Diamond tweak is doing it.

Katahdin 10-29-2008 08:55 AM

I am having this same problem. Trying to figure out now what caused it.

madhat420bx 11-10-2008 02:19 AM

My volume buttons just stopped working tonight, and at the same time, the hardware keyboard is not working. WTF? Just happened out of the blue, and the phone was not dropped or any sort of damage

matthew23 12-01-2008 03:09 PM

my volume buttons stopped working. any solution? I do have diamond tweak installed but haven't used it much....

CareTake12 12-01-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 479778)
I no longer have volume control. If I press the volume up or down buttons on the side of the TP, they act like an up or down rather than a volume control.

I'm trying to narrow down what tweak or program caused this behavior. At first I thought it was AE Button Plus, but after a hard reset I didn't install this and got the behavior again. I think it might be the Diamond tweak utility.

EDIT: Didn't narrow it down to a specific app, but I suspect its something in the Diamond Tweak app. I've hard reset and left that app out and I don't have the issues now.

Install the AEButton on your storage card and it should fix the problem. Make AEbutton control the volume.

lalord69 12-01-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

take a look at my post, it might fix ur issue
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47252

Quote:

Some said that it was an issue with s2u2 but i uninstalled it and nothing, i also made sure on s2u2 that the setting for the option "dont use keyboard hook" is set to ON .

Quote:

for Volume Control i selected "ON" and (as you mentioned) for Don't Use KeyBoard Hook i selected "ON". i can now change the volume with the side buttons both during a call and in "non-call" mode for lack of a better term .

bnisel 12-01-2008 11:01 PM

I did the fix in Slide to unlock and it worked like a charm. Go into slide's settings and change volume control to on and don't use keyboard hook to on.