PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

shifferman99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Volume Buttons not working right

I did the same keyboard hook trick on S2U2 and it worked as some of you mentioned, but did you guys notice that when you try to lower/increase the volume, it doesn't really do it? The bars will slide up/down as usual, but there is no actual difference in the volume itself when on a call, speakerphone or earpiece...Try it, you'll see what I'm talking about...Weird...
Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

shifferman99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Volume Buttons not working right

ok, found the culprit - if you're using the default windows mobile dialer skin (the one with the green/red buttons on screen) - your volume control won't change as you press the volume buttons when on a call, whether you're using your speakerphone or your earpiece. BUT ~~> when/if you're using the HTC dialer skin (the one with the white buttons and the big red "end" button that most of you fine people are probably using 'cause that's how the touch pro comes stock), then you have no problem with changing the volume as needed while on a call with the appropriate side buttons.
BTW, if you want to try and switch to the default windows mobile dialer skin I was referring to (which I think is more useful, but that doesn't matter now 'cause the volume buttons don't work with it), you can go to:

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Security / Phone / Skin'
change the value of 'Enabled' from 1 to 0.
soft reset

The funny thing is, the HTC dialer skin in fact takes a bit more memory than the windows mobile skin, so if you grow fund of the default windows mobile skin, you will actually save some memory while you're at it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro