PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 04:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (CDMA) WM 6.5 Psyki ROM
Carrier: Sprint

ByTheWay440 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Pleaseeee

I Have a touch pro through sprint and am currently running window 6.5 and i do not have any internet or anything and i DO have a data plan and when i try to setup data or update my profile it asks for my username and password and i put them both in and it says one of them is wrong or both and i got them both from sprint directly so do i have something wrong with my settings or something? can someone please take a few minutes of their time to help me trouble shoot this problem? it would be greatly appreciated! thanks and have a good one!

-Cory
Old 02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ByTheWay440 is a n00b
Re: Help Pleaseeee

**correction, not setup data, connect to data**
Old 02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

skip both user name and passleave blank
Old 02-16-2010, 04:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ByTheWay440 is a n00b

doesnt work... it just pops back up with my username filled in...
Old 02-16-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: T Pro RootRom | 2nd T Pro iRoot
Carrier: Alltel

wiskydiver1 is keeping up the good workwiskydiver1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByTheWay440 View Post
doesnt work... it just pops back up with my username filled in...
I made that mistake. ONCE.

Do a hard reset, and then don't go to that screen. Sure, check the server tab and make sure that Sprint is your default, but do go through any advanced settings. Since most of these ROMs are set up for sprint by default, it should literally work out of the box for you.

I'm just here to help. Well, help, and flash, and flash, and flash...
If I was able to help you today, kindly click the Thanks! button.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ByTheWay440 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 View Post
I made that mistake. ONCE.

Do a hard reset, and then don't go to that screen. Sure, check the server tab and make sure that Sprint is your default, but do go through any advanced settings. Since most of these ROMs are set up for sprint by default, it should literally work out of the box for you.
if i do a hard reset i will lose 6.5 and all the applications, games etc. right? i do not want to do that though cause i will lose it all, is there any way around this?
Old 02-16-2010, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
if i do a hard reset i will lose 6.5 and all the applications, games etc. right? i do not want to do that though cause i will lose it all, is there any way around this?
You won't lose 6.5, that's the ROM you installed. I assume at least, as I know of no other way to get 6.5 on the phone without loading up a cooked ROM. You will lose everything else though, so back up your contacts, files, applications, games, ect.

For what it's worth, reinstalling that stuff is much easier than dealing with issues like data connectivity. I'm sure there's another way around it, but unless you have national security sensitive data on there, the easiest, quickest fix is simply hard reset the device, and start with a fresh clean slate.

Welcome to cooked Roms. Get used to backing up and Hard reseting, and flashing. And Flashing. And Flashing..... Repeat....repeat....repeat....
Old 02-16-2010, 05:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ByTheWay440 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskydiver1 View Post
You won't lose 6.5, that's the ROM you installed. I assume at least, as I know of no other way to get 6.5 on the phone without loading up a cooked ROM. You will lose everything else though, so back up your contacts, files, applications, games, ect.

For what it's worth, reinstalling that stuff is much easier than dealing with issues like data connectivity. I'm sure there's another way around it, but unless you have national security sensitive data on there, the easiest, quickest fix is simply hard reset the device, and start with a fresh clean slate.

Welcome to cooked Roms. Get used to backing up and Hard reseting, and flashing. And Flashing. And Flashing..... Repeat....repeat....repeat....
damn man for real?? thats shitty as hell... well damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn poop.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
damn man for real?? thats shitty as hell... well damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn damn poop.
Think of it this way. You get used to backing up your data so it's safe, and you now have dozens of ROMs to choose one. try a bunch! trust me, just as soon as you find one you really like, and get it set up juuuust the way you like it, you'll find another one you just GOTTA try!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

That is why I dont drink wiskey and I use stock good luck dude, Resco, spb back up or Sprite will do you well for back up

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro