PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   what's the easiest fastest way to transfer contacts from mogul to tp? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41885)

wildpig 10-27-2008 07:19 PM

what's the easiest fastest way to transfer contacts from mogul to tp?

i need to transfer all my contacts over. what's the quickest easiest way? can i use bluetooth somehow? thanks

hibby50 10-27-2008 07:20 PM

Re: what's the easiest fastest way to transfer contacts from mogul to tp?

sprite pim backup

th1nm1nt 10-27-2008 07:21 PM

I sync all my stuff with Outlook...that's the easiest way I've found.

phat78boy 10-27-2008 07:22 PM

+1 on using Outlook

TurboFool 10-27-2008 07:25 PM

I install the trial of SPB Backup before I flash my ROM, then backup what I need, then restore it on the new one. I like it because it's faster than syncing my contacts and SPB maintains the individuality of them so when I sync with Exchange it doesn't duplicate them all like PIM did.

freeza 10-27-2008 07:25 PM

i use Dashwire myself...

squarerootz 10-27-2008 07:27 PM

+ 1 for Dashwire

wildpig 10-27-2008 07:30 PM

i guess i could use the sprite backup image of my mogul and ask it to only restore contacts, but i was hoping for an easier way just using bluetooth somehow....

big3etr 10-27-2008 07:39 PM

copy PIM.vol from main directory in Mogul, use resco explorer or total commander and paste over PIM.vol in main directory on TP, soft reset, BAM all contacts ready to go!

darkshadow46236 10-27-2008 07:44 PM

You could:

use outlook
use Dashwire
use mail2web free exchange server account
PIM backup

I think the fastest and safest way would be mail2web - create the account, add the server to the mogul, wait for it to sync, then add to the touch pro and wait a bit more. Dashwire is about the same, but it takes longer in my experience for the initial sync on both devices.

Outlook is a surefire method - I personally hate activesync and everything linked to it, but assuming nothing goes massively wrong it should work great.

PIM backup would be the best, fastest, and simplest method, but I don't know what version of WM is on you mogul. If it's different from Wm6.1 there could be a difference in how the databases are ordered and it will not restore correctly on the touch pro.

You could use bluetooth, but last time I tried that I had to send each contact individually. Huge time waster.

Just my 2 cents.