PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your battery cover make a "clicking" sound or feeling when pressed?
My TP battery cover "clicks" 175 78.13%
My TP battery does not "click" and never has 25 11.16%
My TP battery cover "clicked" but I fixed it. 24 10.71%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 06:14 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who's Battery Cover "Clicks"?

FIY YOU SUCK!

jp
Old 11-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
FIY YOU SUCK!

jp
Hahaha sorry... I just chuckled a bit that you didn't know he posted it here!

Oh well. I removed the electrical tape because it was being too... stretchy. There was a bit of residue left, but it came off with hand sanitizer and a cotton swab.

Back to painters tape...
Old 11-17-2008, 11:46 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post

Oh well. I removed the electrical tape because it was being too... stretchy. There was a bit of residue left, but it came off with hand sanitizer and a cotton swab.

Back to painters tape...
I said dont use the cheap stuff. Also you have to cut it not tear it or it will stretch back after and then leave a mark. I just tore it off of mine to see if there is any residue and there was not. The kind I used was rated for temps up to 176F. 3M brand is the best.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
I said dont use the cheap stuff. Also you have to cut it not tear it or it will stretch back after and then leave a mark. I just tore it off of mine to see if there is any residue and there was not. The kind I used was rated for temps up to 176F. 3M brand is the best.
Heh... I shouldn't have used that off-brand crap I guess!

Oh well, a few extra layers of P tape is making it feel more solid.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint

jferrel4 is a n00b

Any hope on an aftermarket metal door? I know it is probably an expensive proposition, but I'd be willing to pay quite a bit to get a nice, solid, heat dissipating metal back for this thing.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post

Back to painters tape...
Good move changing back to painters tape. The electrical tape is what put me in the predicament I in now. I had it inside the cover and somehow my little water sticker decided to adhere to the shiny side of the electrical tape and when I removed the cover, the paper that the little sticker is stuck to(and thus stuck the the phone) decided to separated and the sticker(still with a thin layer of paper backing) stayed on the electrical tape and the rest stayed stuck to the phone. So while my sticker is still fine(I was able to remove it from the electrical tape without issue), since the sticky side stayed on the phone, it no longer stays put on the phone.

Going to head to the Sprint store tonight so they can document that the sticker came off(but is still intact).

This probably isn't that big of an issue since I have TEP(and they really don't care about that water sticker/damage), but if you don't it could be a real issue.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Yeah I've got a few creaks...

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 02-08-2009, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Is there any chance of painters tape messing anything up? Like due to the amount of heat that the TP produces, or could there be any other problems caused by the tape?

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 02-08-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dyed my battery cover to black and the creaks went away

Last edited by kyrumo; 02-08-2009 at 05:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro