PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your battery cover make a "clicking" sound or feeling when pressed?
My TP battery cover "clicks" 175 78.13%
My TP battery does not "click" and never has 25 11.16%
My TP battery cover "clicked" but I fixed it. 24 10.71%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who's Battery Cover "Clicks"?

So by using electrical tape, there's no reside left if you try to peel off?

I probably will try that instead... It looks a bit better than random blue strips inside your phone!
[Painters tape did give a nice accent, though]
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

I always used paper towels. I trim strips and fill all the open areas. After a day of being compressed like that, you might have to add another layer, but then it stops the squeaking perfectly. Sometimes you basically just have to stuff in the inside, which actually makes the battery cover bulge, but then it feels rock-solid. When you remove the battery cover, the stuff is compressed into place on the cover-side, and you can mess with your SD card/etc without a problem. Doesn't leave anything sticky either.

Also, some TP phones don't have this problem as bad as others. My first one was horrible, my second was perfect, and my third was somewhere in the middle.

I hope my new one today doesn't have that issue, (or any other, for that matter.)
Old 11-17-2008, 11:24 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Noisy battery cover fix...

FYI
http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/showthread.php?t=175759
Worked for me.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j
Re: Noisy battery cover fix...

Wow.. I thought it was just me and I put the cover on incorrectly. Good Info!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:00 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

This was already posted here...
Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 11-17-2008, 01:44 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I used a combination of the tops of post-it notes and scotch tape.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

docangle is becoming a great contributor

My Battery Cover Clicks as well as the bottom of the phone(The Chrome Piece to the left of the Mic hole seems to be missing glue that attaches it to the phone itself)
Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Mine was perfect when I first got it. Solid fit. I have a replacement battery that I swap with and with changing out the battery everyday, it eventually suffered from the creaking. I'm probably going to go and get some of those black foam tape and use those instead of electrical or masking tape.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
FYI:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
Very simple and cheap to fix. All it takes is tape. (I used blue painters tape)
  1. Squeeze your Touch Pro and take note of where exactly it "clicks" or "creaks".
  2. Remove battery cover.
  3. Apply strips of tape on the inside of the battery cover where the creaks are. (basically a mirror image of the underside of the Touch Pro, this is where the inside of the battery cover will meet the underside of the Touch Pro when you put the battery cover back on.)
  4. Install battery cover.
  5. Squeeze again. Any more creaks still, take note of where they are.
  6. Remove battery cover.
  7. Apply another strip of tape where the creaks still are. It may take another layer or two until the creaking stops. I've noticed the biggest offender is the area around the Micro SD slot, as it's the biggest gap / void space under the battery door. ( it took two layers of tape for mine to stop creaking near the micro SD slot area.)

Now, enjoy the silence.

Oh, and an added benefit is tape like painters tape has a less grippy surface, so it's actually easier for me to remove and replace the battery cover now.

-Ed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro