PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can you record both side of phone conversation with the Touch Pro or Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
So, using the HTC Touch Pro, and just the Notes application, you are able to record both sides of the conversation, without using the speakerphone? (For 30 seconds?)
No.

Speakerphone works because the phone can "hear" both you and the other party through the microphone. Without speakerphone on, it can hear only you talking.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Re: Can you record both side of phone conversation with the Touch Pro or Diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
No.

Speakerphone works because the phone can "hear" both you and the other party through the microphone. Without speakerphone on, it can hear only you talking.
Oh yeah, just as I figured. That's why I asked, because it sounded as if the guy had done something new or otherwise noteworthy.

Recording via speakerphone is pretty inconvenient, but workable. Putting the 30-second limit on top of that is just plain ridiculous. I miss my dumbphone days where you can record both sides...
Old 12-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Resco has an app that will record phone calls both sides. I tried it on my TP when I first got the phone , but it didnt work too great. They may have an updated version out.. Try it and post back, it's free to try.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

DeputyStankus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
ah okay, then nothing new here. People are trying to record without using the speakerphone.
Actually, the OP says nothing about speakerphone. I agree that it would be ideal not to use the speakerphone, but I'd be happy if I could just extend the recording time.

I'm no tech expert, but it seems like there would be a reg edit that would fix it.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
Resco has an app that will record phone calls both sides. I tried it on my TP when I first got the phone , but it didnt work too great. They may have an updated version out.. Try it and post back, it's free to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyStankus View Post
Actually, the OP says nothing about speakerphone. I agree that it would be ideal not to use the speakerphone, but I'd be happy if I could just extend the recording time.

I'm no tech expert, but it seems like there would be a reg edit that would fix it.
Simply put, programmers don't have pure access to the earpiece, except for on a few select phones. The only way they can do this is by grabbing the mic, and hoping you use the speakerphone. On the 30-second thing. It's probably built into the program itself, so you will need an alternative, like mentioned above.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Lurker

wilme2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evo View Post
I have a Palm 755p now and it record both side of the conversation with excellent quality. yea the legality of it all you just got to let the other person know they are being record and if they are ok with it then all is good. I was hoping that the Touch pro could do this as well so I can upgrade
The 750 and 755p can record internally. (I just got rid of my 700p). But I do not find any evidence that the Touch Pro can do similar, in fact all the documentation indicates it can not.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: sprint

Nibbler is a n00b

The Voice Recorder application on the touch pro (accessible through the notes application) DOES record both sides of the audio, without speakerphone, and for more than 30 seconds.

However, there's a few quirks.

1) If I use the notes shortcut on the calling screen while in a call, it acts like it records but then I cannot play anything back.

2) If you go to notes and start a recording, then place a call, it stops the recording when the call is started.

3) The Way That It Works -- You must first dial the number and/or wait for it to start ringing. Then, use home key to minimize the dialer/incall program. Then, either task switch (if Notes is already opened and minimized) to Voice Recorder, or open up Notes program and start the voice recording.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro