PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tizzle Prizzle Deux
Carrier: MetroPCS

tguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartguerena is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can you record both side of phone conversation with the Touch Pro or Diamond?

ATTENTION!!!
To record both sides of a conversation, just use the included "Voice Recorder" under the start menu. It comes standard on the phone, and works decent. That's the only program I know of.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Can you record both side of phone conversation with the Touch Pro or Diamond?

legally in the usa you can record a call (in most states) by simply knowing that you are recording. The legal requirement is that ONE of the two parties knows.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

^^^^it does NOT record both sides, only records your side. not the person your talking to. tried and it didnt work, does yours?

-Chez
Old 10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

darkshadow46236 is a n00b

Palm devices, and most nokia's + some sony's/samsungs/Motorola phones can record both sides of the conversation with the right software. Legally it's fine as long as either there is notification either verbally or via a beep every 1min or so.

That does depend on the state though - so you might get away with just yourself knowing - but I don't know for sure about that. The notification part is pretty much standard across the US, which is how companies can record support calls (you usually hear a recorded person saying "this call may be recorded")

WM touchscreen devices can't record both sides of the call well - it's a issue with how the hardware is treated under WM. It's been a old, and annoying, issue with pocket pc's. WM smartphones can record both sides well, but the WM pro can't.

You can technically record both ends of a call under WM Pro, but you need to use either a headset or leave it in speakerphone mode; and even then the sound of the other end is quite faint in the recordings (I've done it with a treo700wx) to the point where it's all but useless.

The only bit of hope for WM pro devices is that the HTC touch HD was said to have a included app called "call recorder" which suggests HTC might have found a solution.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work

It's legal in something like 39 of 50 states to record a phone call without the other party knowing it.

If the TP can record one side of the conversation, that's better than other phones like the 800w which can't record either end of the conversation.

The Touch HD app will be ripped and cabbed if it does indeed work.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dwg94 is a n00b

Okay, here is something weird. The HTC Advantage CAN record both sides of a conversation with resco audio recorder. I know this because I own one. This is even using a bluetooth headset.
I wish someone could find a way to make the Touch Pro record both sides.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue

darkshadow46236 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwg94 View Post
Okay, here is something weird. The HTC Advantage CAN record both sides of a conversation with resco audio recorder. I know this because I own one. This is even using a bluetooth headset.
I wish someone could find a way to make the Touch Pro record both sides.
Call recording does work - to varying levels of success depending on the device - when using the speakerphone or headset. The Advantage only has either headset or speakerphone - it was not designed as a normal phone. That's likely what it works.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
legally in the usa you can record a call (in most states) by simply knowing that you are recording. The legal requirement is that ONE of the two parties knows.
Negative. Careful people. You don't want a felony offense. Do your own research on where you live.
It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not participating in the call. So if you place a recorder on a phone and do not participate on each call that is recorded then you are looking at potential jail time if you are tried and convicted. It is not enough that you just "know" you are secretly recording.
The U.S. federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call. A majority of the states and territories have adopted wiretapping statutes based on the federal law, although most have also extended the law to cover in-person conversations. 38 states and the D.C. permit recording telephone conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.
12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.
It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.

Raging Idiot
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

lilb19 is a n00b

Gentlemen,

I tried this the other day just for the heck of it...

During a phone call go into "NOTES" and click "NEW" assuming that you have the "RECORD" toolbar in view you should be good to go...

It works I just tried it again while calling my voicemail
Old 11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

sheesh...
I think everyone already knows that you can use any voice recorder to record anything that is played over the speakerphone/loudspeaker.

Raging Idiot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro