PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to use ringtones directly from my memory card? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41852)

manny1025 10-27-2008 04:32 PM

How to use ringtones directly from my memory card?

Hi all, i wanted to know how to use a ringtone from my memory card without adding it to the phone's memory. do i have to get another program for this or is it possible just by changing setting on my phone? i can't figure it out. thanks

TurboFool 10-27-2008 04:32 PM

Re: How to use ringtones directly from my memory card?

As far as I recall it's the same as the previous phones. Ringtones have to go in the rings folder in Windows. There could be a trick I'm unaware of.

darren.wlsn1 10-27-2008 04:43 PM

file explorer, device, my documents, ringtones.

TurboFool 10-27-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 479346)
file explorer, device, my documents, ringtones.

That never seemed to actually work for me, though. I put them there in the past and no dice. Also he asked if he could run them from the memory card.

slowrey 10-27-2008 04:48 PM

On your memory card as long as your ringers are in a folder named My Ringtones the OS will recognize it.

Insatiable 10-27-2008 04:51 PM

Okay so I had this issue - if your card is coming from a previous phone and the songs are in a media folder, the settings for audio wont pick it up when your setting tones.

Put your card in your computer and move all the songs so they are just on the card, not in a folder. Then put it back in the phone. When you do sound - settting - advanced and choose the drop down, you should now see your music there.

the mp3 splitter is nice. You can make it a ringtone instead of just playing the entire song. once you split the file, save to ringtone folder, and it will save it as "Rt_name_of_song".

Its awesome!

manny1025 10-27-2008 05:09 PM

great. putting the ringtones without a directory did the trick thanks alot

Insatiable 10-27-2008 05:10 PM

Glad I could help somewhere!

slowrey 10-27-2008 05:25 PM

Like I said it you put in on your card under a folder called My Ringtones it works too without having all of the ringers loose in the root.

TurboFool 10-27-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowrey (Post 479470)
Like I said it you put in on your card under a folder called My Ringtones it works too without having all of the ringers loose in the root.

Worth trying. Would save me trouble when I get to the days of frequent flashes and cooked ROMs.