PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

TheShaz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz
Re: Verizon HTC TOUCH PRO Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
TheShaz, how much do you pay a month with vzn discount. And what do you get? minutes, date etc.
50% off phone rates and features. - Verizon Employee Discount

We have 4 phones 700min - we dont even get close to that becase most of it is cell 2 cell. Internet, txt & data plans. Without discount it's about $150 so take half of that $70-80 for all of that isn't bad.

When I get the Verizon TP in a few weeks, the mandatory data plan of $30, is only $15, that's much easier to live with.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work

For crying out loud, the VZW version is not THAT bad. I've been playing with it all day. About the last thing we need in this thread is about 60 pages worth of trolling about "SPR1NT RUlEZ lolololoz1!!11!!" Might I remind you, and I know I'll have to shout to reach you up on that pedestal, that Sprint consistently comes in last in customer service, last in network quality, and first in technical foul-ups.

We aren't talking about a Ferarri vs a Yugo here... the Sprint version does look better, and I doubt that you'll find a single person in this thread to argue otherwise. But the Verizon version looks much better in person than people here are making it out to be. You aren't going to be shamed into oblivion if you whip out this phone and show it off. In fact, it's pretty much the nicest PDA phone I've ever owned, and I'm on #7 now. My complaints are few.. shiny plastic shows fingerprints REALLY well, and the squared off shape looks dated.

Internally it's the same phone with a slightly different processor (though clocked the same at 528 Mhz), double the intimate shared memory, and less available free memory. The rest is aesthetics. People will be able to tweak the hell out of this phone as soon as the custom rom's start coming, so I'm not going to sweat this. Besides, look at the other PDA phones VZW is offering.. it's not like there is an alternative, unless you don't mind paying more (in most cases) for a phone from another carrier.

At the end of the day, I've consistently been able to rely on Verizon for business use. In that context, there is nothing I can't do on this phone based on the design or the free memory that I wanted to be able to do on the phone. I've had 4-5 programs running at once and still didn't see much lag.

Last edited by Ender519; 11-27-2008 at 01:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
Can someone please put a screen shot app on the Verizon TP and dispay them
what do you want to see?
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 11-27-2008, 02:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Sprint

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanracing View Post
what do you want to see?
The home screen, and all the Touchflo tabs landscape and portrait, please
Old 11-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
The home screen, and all the Touchflo tabs landscape and portrait, please
aight give me a few mins...
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 AM
VIP Member

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
aight give me a few mins...
I ordered the Omnia today I'm thinking I might have to get me a Verizon TP as well.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker

the omnia is tight, but i missed my kb...
Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
the omnia is tight, but i missed my kb...
I'm retarted whats kb?
Old 11-27-2008, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

lol keyboard we got units for the omnia in store so i played with one for a good hour. the 5.0MP camera is sick. just wish it had a higher res screen...
Old 11-27-2008, 02:20 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
lol keyboard we got units for the omnia in store so i played with one for a good hour. the 5.0MP camera is sick. just wish it had a higher res screen...
Yea I totally agree about the screen, I like all the memory
8 gig internal and supports up to 16 gig micro sd

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro