PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is your screen a bit unsensitive towards the edges?

I seem to have a hard time pushing the actual windows flag in the upper left, and the ok/close/task button on the upper right.

It did this before and after I put on the stock screen protector. Very strange--definitely no where near as responsive as my Vogue.

Although, the rest of the screen is WAY more response than my Vogue... it feels much more solid, and flexes very little. Very high-end for resistive-touch.

edit: even tried with the stylus, and it's very obvious how much more sensitve the center of the screen is than the outer areas...

... running DHarvey's Super High Sensitivity cab...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Is your screen a bit unsensitive towards the edges?

YES, I thought my phone was defective. Thank god i'm not the only one who has this problem! Also running the super sensitive cab, as I thought it would help in this regard, but it didn't.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Lukas718 is keeping up the good workLukas718 is keeping up the good work

same here

including scroll bar on the right side
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am having this problem as well, however, on my phone it is only on the upper right corner for the OK or X button, the start menu works fine.
________
Hyde Park Residence Prathumnak

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

keypad is a pain and i have to pull the stylus out whenever i want to do anything. maybe a flash is in the works soon
Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

um I hate to say it, but if we are all experiencing the same issues, I would bet on a hardware defect. Perhaps the way the screen was mounted is causing this issue.

The only way a software update could fix this, would be to make the outer areas INSANELY sensitive, and make the inside areas less sensitive... to even it out.

HTC, did you not check this out? I normally hit the X/OK about 200 times a day...

Now, I had to load AEButtonPlus, and make a double-tap of the end key close the program. I left single-tap to return to TF3D.

Still... hrm... hopefully they will address this issue, especially since it doesn't appear to be a small portion of us..

I wonder if the unlocked or AT&T versions do the same thing?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

Super High Sensitivity cab seems to work for me or atleast it made the screen a heck of a lot better for responsiveness. It's not perfect but I also notice that even aligning the screen through settings you have to press a lot harder on the + sign to register touch. My touch I could barely touch it and that would be enough. the screen is the **** though
Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjday7 View Post
Super High Sensitivity cab seems to work for me or atleast it made the screen a heck of a lot better for responsiveness. It's not perfect but I also notice that even aligning the screen through settings you have to press a lot harder on the + sign to register touch. My touch I could barely touch it and that would be enough. the screen is the **** though

LOL i hear you there, i tried to align my screen and i thought my phone froze, then i realized i just had to get a running start before i taped the screen with my stylus for it to recognize that i was doing anything :-p
Old 10-27-2008, 01:59 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

please search, thread on this topic allready.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41695
Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
please search, thread on this topic allready.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41695
True, my apologies... I am just in a tizzy about this... a very strange problem...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro