PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jawxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jawxx
Re: Is your screen a bit unsensitive towards the edges?

I am not really having the issue to the degree it seems like some folks are, but it's definitely noticeable. I did make the screen more sensitive using Diamond Hacks and I think it helped a little. Although, Might I recommend using your thumb nail instead of the the skin of your thumb. I think it may be more of a precision issue than a sensitivity issue.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawxx View Post
I am not really having the issue to the degree it seems like some folks are, but it's definitely noticeable. I did make the screen more sensitive using Diamond Hacks and I think it helped a little. Although, Might I recommend using your thumb nail instead of the the skin of your thumb. I think it may be more of a precision issue than a sensitivity issue.

It's definitely a sensitivity issue. I believe it is the contruction of the device. You can use the stylus and test different areas of the screen. Clearly works well towards the center, but get towards the top left/right and you have to push about 3 times as hard.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I had that issue, and what I did was dragged my thumbnail around the crack of the screen and the plastic and the screen seemed to snap down a little bit more and the issue was resolved. If you want to try this fix remember that I am not responsible if you break your screen in any way.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I had that issue, and what I did was dragged my thumbnail around the crack of the screen and the plastic and the screen seemed to snap down a little bit more and the issue was resolved. If you want to try this fix remember that I am not responsible if you break your screen in any way.
Interesting... I just tried pushing down (with the phone off,) around the entire border... like, REALLY hard... and now the screen responds slightly better... I can easily hit the ok/x button now.

I think what is happening is that the plastic is not making good contact with the touch screen below it, like mentioned earlier. They could fix this if they spaced the screen, or made the plastic more flexible...
Old 10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I actually felt and heard a "click" when I used my thumbnail(also the light bleeding got less), maybe some crud got between the screen and the edge preventing it from properly seating. I am still on a diamond though and even if anyone reading is using one, YMMV
Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

The edges of the screen are lacking in sensitivity. Thats one reason I traded my Diamond for a Pro.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Hmm, I had that problem at first, it seems to have gone away with use and being in my pocket for several days. Maybe just had to break it in or something, but now I can just lightly touch way out at the very edge of the screen and still hit the x button now.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

For me, when I am using the Full QWERTY, if I press towards the middle of the A, it tries to push the S most of the time, unless I push HARD on the A, or all the way on the left.

Clearly some hardware issues here with the touchscreen.

I'll end up swapping mine for sure, if BB gets any in stock...

edit: strange... I ran my finger around the screen, pushing harder than you would ever think to push.. (almost breaking it, I even heard plastic groaning,) and turned the phone back on... my edges work quite a lot better... but I think it's a temporary fix, and it goes back to being crappy after a while...

Last edited by ScrapMaker; 10-28-2008 at 08:38 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro