PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
S2U2 vs Touch Pro

Anyone else having issues with the lock screen becoming "un-animated?"

After a reset, or closing/restarting ilock.exe, the screen works fine, with the text scrolling, bg images changing, and the slider bar moving with my finger.

After a few minutes, or a few unlocks, the screen appears frozen. The unlock feature still works, but you get no visual change to the screen--it simply unlocks.

Are there any settings that you guys had to change to get this to work?

I tried v1.18, 1.22, and now 1.33, and it still has the same problem.

Our Touch Pros can do directdraw and all that stuff, right?

Maybe someone that has their S2U2 working perfectly can post their settings?

Thanks!

-Steven
Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: S2U2 vs Touch Pro

I noticed that, I went into settings and changed drawing mode from DirectDraw to rawbuffer, and that seems to have fixed it. I'm using the latest version here.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I noticed that, I went into settings and changed drawing mode from DirectDraw to rawbuffer, and that seems to have fixed it. I'm using the latest version here.
I thought these devices were supposed to have all that magical opengl/directdraw stuff?

Is that why TF3D is sluggish compared to TF2D I had on my Vogue? (noticably slower.)

The rest of the phone is lightning-fast compared to my vogue though...

..trying your suggestion... thx

edit: instantly, I notice that the animation is smoother... very strange..
Old 10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

S2U2 has worked for me on a fresh install with all the default settings from the first day i bought my TP
Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

asuh is just getting started

I report the same thing as scrapmaker so i am not using it until it's more stable.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Noob

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

I dunno, my S2U2 isn't really that slow. And we do have directdraw and stuff, but there could be a bug someplace, either in HTC's drivers, or S2U2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuh View Post
I report the same thing as scrapmaker so i am not using it until it's more stable.
I bet the fix that Baffles mentioned does the trick. It's strange that we would have to do that though--since our devices are supposed to have those magical drivers...

Maybe S2U2 will come out with an update... since directdraw really should work, and would reduce CPU usage.

Although, it's not like we're doing much while our phones are locked
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Noob

A_C has said there are many quirks with S2U2 not working on some devices. Just like with the M3D weather issue in S2U2, I'm sure this issue will be fixed as well.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

I just checked my settings and it was set to RawBuffer,......weird.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

direct draw is different on devices we have the better divers so he tied it to our built in drivers. open gl is different than direct draw. direct draw is software acceleration while the open gl drivers are hardware acceleration and are actually better graphics.i am currently using the raw buffer setting with my custom full screen battery.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro