PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: S2U2 vs Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
I gotta tell you - I was a huge slide to unlock fan - have produced wallpapers for it etc - but I have been running without it for the past week and can tell you, the phone just runs better without it. Less reboots, less temporary freezing, less oddities going on.

Just my personal opinion. The first thing I did when I got the pro was load it - but I think I'm better off without it - despite how slick it is.
What version were you using? It's up to 1.35 now. I know that 1.33 and 1.35 addressed some bug issues and even DirectDraw issues. Also A_C must have done something special for the Touch Pro because it's very cool that it unlocks when you pull the stylus out. That was set as a default on 1.35 - not sure about 1.33.

tsp
Old 11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

link for latest version,http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418
Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
has anyone tried this app. like s2u2? http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/
Seem interesting. The main reason I am using a locking program is because I would miss calls when my TP was in the oem case. Everytime I remove it, the case pushed on the screen or one of the buttons since it was so tight. I like how this program uses the light and motion sensor to determine when the phone comes out of the case.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:07 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
Seem interesting. The main reason I am using a locking program is because I would miss calls when my TP was in the oem case. Everytime I remove it, the case pushed on the screen or one of the buttons since it was so tight. I like how this program uses the light and motion sensor to determine when the phone comes out of the case.
it does sound good. im going to try it tonight to check for bugs.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Lurker

mholiday01 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: S2U2 vs Touch Pro

Pocketshield is looking pretty promising right now, tried S2U2 but alarms and any other app. would not show up while locked. I downloaded trial version of PS and ran it through all of the above mentioned issues (text, email, SPB Time) and IT WORKS!!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Meiyi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholiday01 View Post
Pocketshield is looking pretty promising right now, tried S2U2 but alarms and any other app. would not show up while locked. I downloaded trial version of PS and ran it through all of the above mentioned issues (text, email, SPB Time) and IT WORKS!!
Currently, I am using G-Alarm 0.9.4 with S2U2 1.35. The alarms does display correctly for me on the screen. G-Alarm seem to have no problem interrupting S2US (in locked mode) when it's time for its alarm to go off. I haven't notice any problems that S2U2 may have with other programs yet, but then I did not have a lot of time yet to test/play with the phone. I have not use Pocketshield before. Thank you for mentioning an alternative. I will give it a go and see how it compares to S2U2 (although S2U2 is pretty darn good already as it is). Thanks.

One setting I did disabled in S2U2's settings is the "Caller ID" option. I preferred to have access to the Touch Pro's "call respond" screen (or whatever it's called) which has the option for you to "send text" to the caller with a text message such as 'I am busy right now and will get back to you later.' (this default text message can be changed). Depending what you selected here, it then goes to the "call connected screen" (with options for mute, speaker, etc). If "Caller ID" is enabled in S2U2 settings, after it displayed the caller's pic (if available), it skips the "call respond" screen and goes right into the "call connected screen", which will not have the option of "send text" to caller because you would have already answered (connected to) the call.

Also, I been using "Direct Draw" instead of "RawBuffer" for "Display Mode". Didn't notice much difference in battery drain. If anyone find this different, please post.

Last edited by Meiyi; 11-21-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholiday01 View Post
mine works...

-Chez
Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
mine works...

-Chez
Mine worked too, when I used S2U2, which I don't anymore.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch PRO

cssmostdumbest is a n00b

is there anyway for s2u2 to unlock when you slide out the keyboard? mine has problems when i open the keyboard and it wakes up then and s2u it lags and then locks again. i basically have to unlock it twice everytime kinda gets annoying
Old 11-25-2008, 07:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

Atticus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssmostdumbest View Post
is there anyway for s2u2 to unlock when you slide out the keyboard? mine has problems when i open the keyboard and it wakes up then and s2u it lags and then locks again. i basically have to unlock it twice everytime kinda gets annoying
Im having the same problem, if this could be fixed it would be perfect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro