PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has the problem with blue tooth been solved

that plauged the 6700 and the 6800?

I am talking about when those units would go into sleep mode the blue tooth connectivity would fail and you would have to reset it to get it to work again.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work
Re: Has the problem with blue tooth been solved

I'm not familiar with the problem you are asking about. I use bluetooth all day every day, switching between Parrot hands freee car kit, Plantronics earpiece, syncing with my laptop and occasionally tethering. I'm in and out of my car at least a dozen times a day with the phone asleep most of the time with no problems (working as I expect it to.)
Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint
Threadstarter

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

Thank you. On my 6700, if you allowed it to go into sleep mode it would almost always lose the blue tooth connectivity and I would have to reconnect to my headset. Some times it would stay it was still connected and it was not.

There were several large threads about this on another forum.

I am going to be purchasing this new phone, but that was one of my major disappointments with the 6700. I actually have a 3600ma battery and just used the back light off feature so that the connectivity would not be interrupted. Obviously this killed the battery a lot faster.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Just like with the 6700, Touch, and every other WM phone I have used, to get the BT working properly with MY BT hands-free kit in MY car, I have to leave BT on, and discoverable...

With that said, I CAN leave it just "on," but my Pioneer deck won't see the phone until I get a phone call, and I usually miss a ring. -- if I leave it as discoverable, then it sync's up, and the stereo mutes instantly.

So if you have any issues, try fiddling with those settings...

I wish it worked without being on discoverable, because that is a real battery-killer.

What I have learned to do, is create a BTON and BTOFF profile in PhoneWeaver, and if I am going to be away from the car for a while, I just turn off BT. The profile turns on BT (discoverable.) Pretty handy if you ask me.

Too bad PhoneWeaver is having some issues with my new Touch Pro... I had the same issues with a few ROMs on my Vogue though... Where PhoneWeaver cannot set the SMS or reminder sound... it simply beeps instead...

Oh well, one problem at a time!

With that said, the TP connects the same, if not a little bit faster to my Pioneer BT stereo... So that's nice!

I haven't had the phone long enough to really compare battery life, but so far it does seem worse than my Vogue... but my Vogue was terrible when I purchased it too, so I can't wait for all these ROMs to start coming out... It's so exciting! (dork)
Old 10-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I never really had this problem with my Mogul and haven't yet had it with the Touch Pro. My Mogul tended to lose its connection mid-call, but that problem was rare near the end. Since I can't really speak for your problem, though, I can't guarantee it's improved.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
that plauged the 6700 and the 6800?

I am talking about when those units would go into sleep mode the blue tooth connectivity would fail and you would have to reset it to get it to work again.
I found i had the same issue until i started running custom roms not the default alltel rom. since then i do not have an issue with my phone locking up after using bt and it going to sleep on me.

Shell

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro