PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Lurker

mikey99n is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hard reset??

Hi Guys,

instructions says to hold volume down and also enter key, then use stylus to hit reset. I've done this and it does not allow me to hard reset. Any suggestions?

here is what i've done: Hold down the volume down button as well as the enter button, hit reset with the stylus (still holding down the buttons), but it just takes me right back up to the normal screen after boot up.

??

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

mharvey is becoming a great contributor
Re: hard reset??

The procedure that I saw (in the Sprint manual) is different. I have performed a hard reset this way and it works.

It says:

To perform a hard reset:
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Enter keys first, and then press and hold the Power key until you see the following message on the screen:

This operation will delete
all your personal data,
and reset all settings
to manufacturer default.
Press VolUp to restore
manufacturer default, or
press other keys to cancel.

2. Release the Volume Down, Enter, and Power keys, and then press the Volume Up key to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I tried that and didn't get it work, assuming the center of the d-pad was enter. I then opened the keyboard and used the hard enter key and it kicked me into the bootloader.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mikey99n is a n00b

Thanks for the info harvery, unfortunately it's still not letting me hard reset. This is very strange. I've even tried removing the battery, then placing it back in. Then pushing and holding the center button and volume down w/ the power button. again it turns on and takes me straight to start up screen.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

cant you use the settings,system clear storage? then use the dropdown option.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It takes some interesting hand contortions, but power + volume down + enter + reset works for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mikey99n is a n00b

ended up using the "clear storage" option under setting
Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey99n View Post
ended up using the "clear storage" option under setting
as i stated, much easyier. imo
Old 10-26-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mharvey is becoming a great contributor

It took me several tries using the Sprint procedure but it did finally work for me. I used the center of the D pad and I think it was just hard to hold that button and the vol down at the same time.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:34 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharvey View Post
The procedure that I saw (in the Sprint manual) is different. I have performed a hard reset this way and it works.

It says:

To perform a hard reset:
1. With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Down and Enter keys first, and then press and hold the Power key until you see the following message on the screen:

This operation will delete
all your personal data,
and reset all settings
to manufacturer default.
Press VolUp to restore
manufacturer default, or
press other keys to cancel.

2. Release the Volume Down, Enter, and Power keys, and then press the Volume Up key to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.

Took a couple of tries, but I got it to work with your instructions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro