PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: do you know how to fix the data connection on a flashed from sprint htc touch pro
it doesnt have a fix 2 18.18%
your are the guy i should talk to 9 81.82%
go to a metro pcs agent 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

jaacolombiano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation i did a hard reset and now my data connection nor my mms work. willing to donate!!

i bought my sprint htc touch pro from a guy who had already unlocked and flashed the phone to metro pcs. i decided to do a hard reset because my phone was wasting to much battery and had slow performance and clearing storage sounded like a good idea. when i turned on my phone again i tried using the internet and didnt work and my mms option was gone. im sorry if they have alrready answer this but the solutions i have founded will not work. i will donate to the person who finds a solution that works. thank you very much
Old 08-23-2009, 12:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: i did a hard reset and now my data connection nor my mms work. willing to donate!

if you do a search for metro you will find the fix. i will see if i can find it though.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: i did a hard reset and now my data connection nor my mms work. willing to donate!

second post in this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=metro
Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

3 best links from what ive come across....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=14 - all the info u need for programming
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531236- supposed simple cab install for mms and data after the 1st link is completed
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...tro+pcs&page=3 you want post #61 and 62 - this describes the deleted connection coming back everytime and the solution, the #62 post contains the "dummy file"

there ya go man..... shouldnt take a very long now

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-23-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I don't know anything about metro, but for future reference do a manual hard-reset next time. (vol-dwn + center + pwr (+ reset)
the clear storage will completely wipe everything where the other way only resets rom/files (not epst)
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

Any hard reset or clear storage will clear your connection.. if you use the howard forums link some 1 posted above and simply follow the cab directions that Ryan gave us it will be fixed.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaacolombiano View Post
i bought my sprint htc touch pro from a guy who had already unlocked and flashed the phone to metro pcs. i decided to do a hard reset because my phone was wasting to much battery and had slow performance and clearing storage sounded like a good idea. when i turned on my phone again i tried using the internet and didnt work and my mms option was gone. im sorry if they have alrready answer this but the solutions i have founded will not work. i will donate to the person who finds a solution that works. thank you very much
whenever u clear storage... it will clear everything out, also if u flash to a new rom,,,
follow the directions on my link below,,, it will guide u....

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

##786# Hard reset the phone that way. It clear's all Network issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
data, hard reset, htc touch pro, internet, metropcs, mms