PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:08 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM Dump How To?

A protected rom basically has the packaging information deleted usually. So what you do is grab the image before your kitchen tries to repackage it.

Download any of the kitchens listed in my Adding/Removing Programs tutorial. Then instead of running prepit.bat to decompile the donor rom, just run this file instead. Schutthalde.bat And that will leave the rom dumped in the folder Rom_Dump in the kitchen directory...

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 AM
What the VIP is going on!
Pocket PC: iPhone/TP2/TP1
Carrier: AT&T/Sprint

silence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation levelsilence12782 can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks this tool works perfect!!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardahlem is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok hope looking for some help as I am just starting to try and do this! I dumped the leaked Diamond ROM that Dream ported over. I have the files in the ROM_Dump folder. I am wanting to pull say the opera out and put in the new opera 15613. So I do I delete the original opera cab and replace it with the one? If so after that how do I rebuild?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlem View Post
Ok hope looking for some help as I am just starting to try and do this! I dumped the leaked Diamond ROM that Dream ported over. I have the files in the ROM_Dump folder. I am wanting to pull say the opera out and put in the new opera 15613. So I do I delete the original opera cab and replace it with the one? If so after that how do I rebuild?
Dumps are the easiest things to rebuild from. You would have to tediously piece it back together. Dumps are good if you want to get graphic files, drivers or other individual files. Here lately with the increased use of provxml, it is sometimes easier to rebuild OEM's as well since their not contained in the RGU. I probably wouldn't recommend trying to rebuild from a dump though...
Old 05-24-2009, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

hey rstoguy i used your tool for a protected rom but i only get a dump file with all files in the rom which isnt bad for certain files...but i want to get a dump with the OEM and SYS folders so i can reuse the particular OEM im trying to get from the rom....any sugestions?

Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 PM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
hey rstoguy i used your tool for a protected rom but i only get a dump file with all files in the rom which isnt bad for certain files...but i want to get a dump with the OEM and SYS folders so i can reuse the particular OEM im trying to get from the rom....any sugestions?
Find the original .cab, usually on xda-developers and make a new OEM. Or take an existing OEM to use as a guide, and copy the filenames from your dumped rom into a blank OEM. Assuming your wanting a newer version of something, but this won't get you the registry settings...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:53 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moved to Main TP Forum
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

**Pokes the thread with a stick** Oh, it's not quite dead

OK, so it looks like I am about a month behind, but hopefully someone can give me some pointers.

I use a carrier that pretty much no one has heard of (Nex-tech) and therefore I can't find any stock ROM's that I can flash back to should I mess something up. So my first question is how do I make a stock ROM for later use? I saw the post (#6 I think) that said this is how you do it, but unfortunately that was all geek to me.

Anyway, thanks for any help you can offer.

Last edited by ChaosTheory; 06-18-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

So is it dead after all? If I can't figure out how to create a stock ROM I guess I am stuck with installed programs .
Old 07-21-2009, 04:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond 2
Carrier: Softbank

BeeGee_Tokyo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
So is it dead after all? If I can't figure out how to create a stock ROM I guess I am stuck with installed programs .
Sorry to guide you to another forum, but I wrote a small batch file to create stock ROM. Its not complete yet, still do not know how to get the original radio back.

The batch is for Topaz, but should be useable (with some changes) for a TouchPro

Check here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...az_Rebuild_ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro