PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Trouble charging via USB (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41749)

TurboFool 10-27-2008 01:37 AM

Trouble charging via USB

I'm noticing a troublesome lack of charging when my phone's plugged into my computer. I can leave it plugged in for a couple of hours and, if I'm lucky, I'll get maybe an additional bar of power, while when plugged into the wall I can get a good three bars from 15 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

And before you ask, yes I've ensured that the box to not charge while the phone is plugged into the computer and turned on is NOT checked, and yes I'm aware that USB outputs less power than the wall, but my Mogul still showed clear increases in battery from the same amount of time.

imneveral0ne 10-27-2008 03:02 AM

Re: Trouble charging via USB

your phone doesnt EVER charge anywhere near as fast as it does when your charging with an actual charger

darren.wlsn1 10-27-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 478196)
your phone doesnt EVER charge anywhere near as fast as it does when your charging with an actual charger

+1 your correct

VW 10-27-2008 10:10 AM

There is a settings under start/setting/power When device is turned on do not charge when connected to PC. make sure that is off

Cicatrize 10-27-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 478111)
and yes I'm aware that USB outputs less power than the wall, but my Mogul still showed clear increases in battery from the same amount of time.

TurboFool 10-27-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VW (Post 478439)
There is a settings under start/setting/power When device is turned on do not charge when connected to PC. make sure that is off

Thank you both for your great efforts to read my OP in which I clearly headed off both of those comments, fully expecting I'd get a flood of responses like those if I didn't.

Anyone else with helpful suggestions that I didn't already counter?

Baffles 10-27-2008 12:08 PM

Maybe your mogul had an incorrect battery meter or a crappy battery that charged faster? Maybe your TP battery isn't calibrated yet? I don't know what you want us to tell you...

VW 10-27-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 478621)
Thank you both for your great efforts to read my OP in which I clearly headed off both of those comments, fully expecting I'd get a flood of responses like those if I didn't.

Anyone else with helpful suggestions that I didn't already counter?

bwahaha sorry

TurboFool 10-27-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 478686)
Maybe your mogul had an incorrect battery meter or a crappy battery that charged faster? Maybe your TP battery isn't calibrated yet? I don't know what you want us to tell you...

I want you to tell me exactly what I asked in the OP: Is anyone else noticing this same problem? So far all I got was people telling me what I already know: USB charges slower (and yet my Mogul charged much faster via USB), and there's a checkbox that I do NOT have checked to tell it not to charge via USB. All I'm wondering is if anyone else has the same trouble and/or has ideas as to what the problem is. Seems like a reasonable question. You've offered a couple possibilities, so already you're adding to the thread. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. Feedback and ideas.

Baffles 10-27-2008 03:16 PM

Ah, well then those are the only things I can think of.