PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Wasn't blown away (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41723)

BustedNuts1 10-26-2008 11:12 PM

Wasn't blown away

I know I'm gonna get flammed for this, and I know that I should have posted this in the review thread, but I wanted to draw a little more attention to it.

I played with a touch pro at Best Buy yesterday, and I wasn't at all impressed with the feel. I had been waiting for this phone for like 6 months now, was actually in Best Buy to purchase it. However, I didn't end up buying it. It felt... weird. Don't know how to describe it.

The metal casing around the side of the phone is just gonna be a magnet for scratches. Also, the gray back plate and gray around the keyboard just looks UGLY. Man the GSM version of this phone looks slick, with all that black. I think sprint really dropped the ball on this color scheme.

Yeah, I know that this is probably the best phone out for the American audience, but its still not that bada ss phone I've been looking for. Don't feel HTC got it quite right yet again. Anybody else feel this way?
(this is only from a cosmetic stand point)

Also, I felt like the keyboard was too small.

Phreddo 10-26-2008 11:17 PM

Re: Wasn't blown away

it was either keep the mogul or get the touch pro
and the touch pro makes the mogul look like a pile of puke

Baffles 10-26-2008 11:17 PM

What grey around the keyboard? The only grey on my phone is the back plate, and I don't think it looks _that_ bad.

lipidfats 10-26-2008 11:22 PM

i haven't seen either in person, but I think the gsm one is ugly... for something so thick, it's nice of sprint to round it out for us. The squared edges only looks nice if the phone is slim.

Besides, who cares about a back plate... if that's enough to turn you off from buying the tp, then you probably shouldn't get it. For the rest of us, it's about the vga screen, 5 row keyboard, and vastly improved memory/speed. If cosmetics is your priority, maybe you should go for an iPhone.

BustedNuts1 10-26-2008 11:27 PM

I'm just whining. I built it up to be cooler than it actually turned out to be. I just finally wanted something that looked as cool as it was.

I actually think the 5 row keyboard is a nuisance, keys are WAY smaller than the mogul. I was actually looking forward to having a keyboard again (coming from touch, originally had the mogul).

I know that cosmetics aren't important. Just feels like this phone lacks the WOW factor that I was expecting.

themuffinman 10-26-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 477873)
i haven't seen either in person, but I think the gsm one is ugly... for something so thick, it's nice of sprint to round it out for us. The squared edges only looks nice if the phone is slim.

Besides, who cares about a back plate... if that's enough to turn you off from buying the tp, then you probably shouldn't get it. For the rest of us, it's about the vga screen, 5 row keyboard, and vastly improved memory/speed. If cosmetics is your priority, maybe you should go for an iPhone.

You know what? I think that GSM version looks horrible as well, with all the squared edges or what not it does make it look like a black brick. I like Sprints chrome with the grey backing, it adds a little contrast to the veiw and the rounded edges make it appear to be less of a brick in comparison to the GSM version.

gxnext 10-26-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreddo (Post 477859)
it was either keep the mogul or get the touch pro
and the touch pro makes the mogul look like a pile of puke

I have to agree. and might i add... LMAO!

Certs 10-26-2008 11:36 PM

'I know I should have posted this in the review thread'