PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Top of the screen dead space?

So, i finally know why they call this thing the touch... I CANT KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF IT!

Well, today i noticed its second hardware flaw (aside from oddily lit keyboard). In portrait mode, its almost impossible for me to hit the start button, this is because the screen flush may be to high. As it appears, the actual touch sensitive screen is not getting contact from the screen covering the devices face.

Effectively, i have a row of maybe 4-5 pixels that i cant even get to register, and a few under that that need some hard presses. To check it out, open up notes in landscape and draw mode, try to draw a line from the ear peice to the center, let me know if its just my TP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:22 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Top of the screen dead space?

landscape or portrait u contradicted urself

Old 10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eryeal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
So, i finally know why they call this thing the touch... I CANT KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF IT!

Well, today i noticed its second hardware flaw (aside from oddily lit keyboard). In portrait mode, its almost impossible for me to hit the start button, this is because the screen flush may be to high. As it appears, the actual touch sensitive screen is not getting contact from the screen covering the devices face.

Effectively, i have a row of maybe 4-5 pixels that i cant even get to register, and a few under that that need some hard presses. To check it out, open up notes in landscape and draw mode, try to draw a line from the ear peice to the center, let me know if its just my TP.
It's not just your TP - had the same problem, but noticed it during regular use .. not always easy to get the Start Button or X button to function all the time - it is definitely not registering the very top of the screen.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryeal View Post
It's not just your TP - had the same problem, but noticed it during regular use .. not always easy to get the Start Button or X button to function all the time - it is definitely not registering the very top of the screen.
Same thing with the diamond. The outer border is terrible on these devices.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

on mine I get a dead area on the left edge for both the landscape and portrait but all the rest is working to the edge so it is not a hardware issue but something in the software that moves when you change from landscape to portrait.

maybe I'm looking at something different than you.

FYI this is not the case with my old touch or mogul, they both go right to the edge

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I just realized that I have a boarder around the rest of the area in notes, so it indeed probably is a hardware issue. My dead area is almost as wide as my scroll bar on the oposite side.....WOW! not good.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:50 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i have 0 dead area in PORTRAIT
Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@fat boy, i also have a small dead on the right in portrait mode, its annoying tring to grab that bar on some apps, especially because i shrunk it so thin using diamond config. if its just a batch of these with problems then i'll be complaining to sprint next month, so im holding true to u hibby!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

htcmoguluser is a n00b

i got the same problem. i did screen align like 5 times nd it made it alil better.

Ask questions. Who cares if someone gets pissed. its only the internet.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor

from what i can tell, this has to do with the actual design of the phone. it seems that this is a standard touchscreen with an extra layer of plastic above it. so when you get near the edges, it's hard to press the screen. if you press carefully around the edges, you can feel how it's countersunk just a bit.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro