PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Top of the screen dead space?

If you push hard around the edges it works, it seems that the black plastic border makes it hard to push there since it creates an airspace between the top layer and what I imagine is the touch sensitive part underneath. It takes a lot of pressure on the edges though, but it is possible to get it to register there. Maybe with some breaking in the plastic will give a little more?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
If you push hard around the edges it works,
yep you are right but boy to I have to push hard!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Same here. I thought I had a defective unit at first.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
yep you are right but boy to I have to push hard!
i broke a diamond screen doing that. it was real small split but im sure it would have got worse.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its like the protective coating is not allowing the stylus to touch the screen. if you notice the titan has the screen with raised edges. its the screen covering causing the issues but maybe htc will think of a fix
Old 10-27-2008, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Zekeman is becoming a great contributor

I haven't experienced this problem. But a little off topic possibly, I have a hard time selecting multiple emails (finger slide) to highlight... sometimes takes a few times...
Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think it has to do with surface tension. Imagina a piece of plexiglass or clear plastic. if you bend it it will bend easier in the middle. The areas towards the edges will be extremely difficult to bend because they're anchored to the device. This is what may be going on here on our devices, diamonds and TP's. I think htc should have made the plastic cover more flexible near the edges for tension to be register through that layer to the actual item that does the registering.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

you people were mentioning about grabbing the scroll bar... I thought the TouchFlo program also allows you to push the pages from the center? I went to a sprint store that had a diamond, and I was able to push the default windows pages like File Explorer, Programs, Settings, PIE, thus illiminating the need of scroll bars (in a way). It's not as fluid as some eyeFones out there, but it seemed to work ok for the need of easy scrolling...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro