PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz
Re: Same Pop3 E-mail Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josedogg54 View Post
Picked up my Pro this morning at the local Best Buy. Awesome device but still has one problem I can't see to find a solution for. Thats my POP3 e-mail with COX I can't send e-mails just like my mogul could'nt it's the same problem can recive e-mials but can't send them out. I have tired three different outgoing servers such as (smtp.central.cox.net - smtp.east.cox.net - smtp.sprintpcs.com) and none of these work. My blackberry curve sends cox e-mail's just fine on my other line so why can't my $800 phone send a freaking POP3 e-mail.

I Haven't read through all the suggestions but in my experiance i needed to add the port number at the end of the server and go through the email setup not adding the correct syntax .com (for instance .con) run through the initial setup, go through settings again replace .con with correct syntax .com. Reason the default email program tries to detect settings based on the domain, so by doing that you trick it because it cannot recognize the registerd domain so it wont auto connect or anything, And the port thing i mean like. smtp.live.com:993 for example. Also check all ssl settings and such.
Don't forget to hit THANKS if i helped!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid, old HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

ukyfan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Same Pop3 E-mail Problem

It looks like I might be having the same type of problem. I have a Verizon TP and I set up two email accounts. I can receive email from either one but can not send out, and my provider is Insight Broadband. But the funny thing is this is my second TP as my first needed to be replaced, and I could send and receive with it. But with the replacement I can only receive. Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro