PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyone returning thier Touch Pros? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41674)

karong 10-26-2008 06:09 PM

Anyone returning thier Touch Pros?

I know most the reviews are positive but im just curious if anyone is thinking about returing thier phone and why. There was alot of anticipation for this phone, is anyone disappointed?

I like mine but im still on the fence. I find slide out keybopards annoying at time and the screen size makes the onscreen keyboard not very useful to me. Also the buttons are small of the keypad and i find it difficult to type on at times. Already frozeonce dring Windows live setup. Battery life is not great and call volume is low, although i have not tried the audio hack yet. Compared to my Treo 800w it has alot of improvements but also the Treo did may things good right out the box. I'm going to wait a few more days to make up my mind.

darren.wlsn1 10-26-2008 06:11 PM

Re: Anyone returning thier Touch Pros?

might be a little early for this thread.

karong 10-26-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 477122)
might be a little early for this thread.

Not really, many of use have had a couple days playing with it now and sometimes it doesnt take long to figure out if your keeping it or not.

mikey99n 10-26-2008 06:36 PM

I'm switching back to my treo 800w. The HTC Touch Pro is certainly a very fun phone but the usability of it doesn't compare to the treo 800w as you briefly mentioned.

mharvey 10-26-2008 06:38 PM

I am happy with my Touch Pro and I will be keeping it. I am very happy with it so far. I guess I may be a bit different than most here as this is my first smart phone. I am upgrading from a Katana (original one) so this is quite an upgrade. I can see how someone who previously used a Mogul might be a bit disapointed having to pay about $300 for a modest upgrade. In that situation I would not have upgraded but probably waited for the next big thing (Touch HD or some sort of Android phone).

gxnext 10-26-2008 06:46 PM

its a keeper for me!

TurboFool 10-26-2008 06:51 PM

Never been happier. Definitely keeping it.

karong 10-26-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey99n (Post 477182)
I'm switching back to my treo 800w. The HTC Touch Pro is certainly a very fun phone but the usability of it doesn't compare to the treo 800w as you briefly mentioned.

Yes I agree, TP has alot of nice features but the Treo is a more practical everyday phone

holo 10-26-2008 06:55 PM

I do have a couple problems with it. The stylus is kinda hard to use on the screen, the volume and power buttons are on the display portion of the phone which kinda wants to slide when you push them and makes it (slightly) awkward to use them (but I'll get used to it). The right hand side of the screen is kinda hard to push to scroll up/down since I don't have an edge to stop me from going too far and the sensitive part seems to stop slightly before the actual display. I do kinda miss having more hard buttons too, but meh. Also the screen seems like it may get horribly scratched if I drop it on concrete or something.

All in all, a GREAT phone though, and I wouldn't dream of returning it. Aside from the problems it really is the phone I've been waiting for.

SprintTouch08 10-26-2008 07:01 PM

yuck id never go back to a 800w you couldnt pay me, if you think the Pro has bugs/issues man the 800w is 5 times worse. No standalone gps, HORRIBLE muffled earpiece, 2006-7 hardware, bigger than the Pro. Overall its pretty much a more expensive downgrade from the Pro- its typical Palm a year behind and overpriced