PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gawnd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro Jpeg Rendering

I've got a strange issue. Jpeg rendering on my HTC touch pro seems to have abruptly stopped. All Jpegs look like they are being displayed in Sepia with a mostly purple color scheme.

On the stock Sprint ROM the windows button when pressed shows a grid like the blank layer from Photoshop. I can load png files to the sd card and they all display perfectly - though color saturation may be a little off.

I've reflashed 3 different ROMs and all show the same effect. Do I have a hardware issue? I can't find any reference to this issue - it doesn't seem to be the broken glass / grey screen issue I've seen reported elsewhere.

This phone is only 3 months old.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC Touch Pro Jpeg Rendering

flash stock, relock and exchange. make sprint figure it out or replace it. that's what i always do.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gawnd is a n00b

i wish that was an option. i just had done that with my first pro and decided that was enough, so i switched to a palm pre. this phone hasn't been activated for a few weeks and is only 3 months old. i powered it on to clear the sd card to sell on ebay and now this.

i'm sure sprint won't cover it since its not activated. was hoping to get some money for it, but i can't sell it in this condition. mostly just curious to know what the issue is at this point - find it odd i can't find any similar cases online.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

If it's still in warranty, re-activate the phone and then exchange it.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gawnd is a n00b

not a bad idea. will i have to add a line temporarily to do so or can i have two phones active on one line?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Just activate it on your existing line. Then you can go back to the palm pre after you get the exchange.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50255; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawnd
not a bad idea. will i have to add a line temporarily to do so or can i have two phones active on one line?
um adding a line temporarily does not sound like a good idea, mostly because you'll have 30 days to cancel the line without etf and there is no way to guarantee you'll have the ohone by then. Also having two phones on the same line is not possible since the line is tied to the esn of your phone.

A better approach would be to 'replace' your current phone for the tp, then call to get it serviced and reuse the other one 'in the mean time'. Once the phone comes back from service, test it and sell it if it is good

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Cant you turn phones on and off online?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Cant you turn phones on and off online?
If you mean activate phones, then yes. All you need to do is do it online using your sprint web account. You could also do it via chat or calling CS but it is a lot less hassle to do it online.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro