PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro Bluetooth File Transfer Problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41631)

k5beason 10-26-2008 02:28 PM

Touch Pro Bluetooth File Transfer Problems

I've tried sending files via bluetooth with both my computer and other phones and the file starts to send but bluetooth shuts off on the Touch Pro before the transfer Completes. Hard and Soft resets were done. Anyone else having this issue or give it a try. I do file transfers alot...

freeza 10-26-2008 02:54 PM

Re: Touch Pro Bluetooth File Transfer Problems

Transferring files between the TP and the Diamond via bluetooth worked fine for me.

k5beason 10-26-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeza (Post 476794)
Transferring files between the TP and the Diamond via bluetooth worked fine for me.

I can transfer from the TP to the diamond and other devices fine. I run into the problem when i attempt to transfer to the TP from another device. I dont want to deal with bestbuy only to get a phone that does the same thing.

Anyone else want to give it a try

hibby50 10-26-2008 05:06 PM

my laptop has no bluetooth but i was able to use my mogul with my dads lappy

DaPeeps 10-26-2008 05:20 PM

Just sent a picture file from my PC to my TP with no problems. Paired them first (initiated from the PC, used a passkey). Then initiated a file xfer from the PC. TP came up and said it was rcving, then asked me if I wanted to save it when it finished. I clicked yes, and the picture is in my My Documents folder.

BodyByNotte 10-26-2008 05:35 PM

my bluetooth issues are when I try to connect to my Pioneer Avic D3 with BT in my car. The TP sees the Pioneer BT unit and says it connects, but then the Pioneer unit says connection error and the TP disconnects. I'm thinking about calling Pioneer unless someone else knows a way to fix it.

Apex4 11-06-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k5beason (Post 477005)
I can transfer from the TP to the diamond and other devices fine. I run into the problem when i attempt to transfer to the TP from another device. I dont want to deal with bestbuy only to get a phone that does the same thing.

Anyone else want to give it a try

I had problems transferring files between my mac -> TP and Treo -> TP as well.
What worked for me was to go to Settings -> Connections -> Beam and select the check box (Receive all incoming beams). That worked for me...

lafester 11-07-2008 09:50 PM

I am having the same problem... can connect but not receive files.
I have not tried sending.

ugh. i have having to hook up to usb to transfer files.

Using vista pc. same pc synced fine with my mogul.

JoePuetoRico 07-08-2009 12:17 PM

hey ..... I was fighting this issue and did some extensive research on beaming it seems there is a glitch with the bluetooth explorer on the htc rom making it almost impossible to beam files it will hang or fail 1 out of 50 may go through htc has not made a patch yet but for now get resco explorer if you use that instead of file explorer they go through alot but i mean a lot more ....... hope that helped a little

soulsultan 07-14-2009 12:02 PM

I've had issues with this as well. My friend who also has a pro deals with this too. We try to beam things to each other in vain. lol