PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 01:49 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remapping Hardware Buttons - Options Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper2008 View Post
Ok, one more question, others have mapped power button, but when you press the power button, the button code =0000 which isnt correct, what is the procedure to map this? The software is great, but you need to 'discover' how the heck to do stuff .. Or just ask in here..
I wish we could remap the power button, but best thats available right now is longpress pwr, and as far as I know that's only in nueRom217 .
Old 02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm

I wish someone could just figure out how nueWhoever mapped out the keys in his nueRom. Im sorry, but AEButton is a horrible product. Try mapping out the TXT or Mail key. yeah, whatever you select in AEB will open, but so will the mail application.

We know its possible in his rom, it should theoretically be possible in any ROM.

What really surprises me is that this hasnt been a bigger deal. Accidentally pressing the TXT key is by far my biggest complaint about this phone. Nothing worse then trying type out a long text message, and hitting that TXT key instead of the function key (any ppc6700 user will tell you that the TXT key is RIGHT where your thumb would go for the function key). On the nueRom, you could just remap that key to the start menu, killing two birds with one stone. unfortunately, his rom wasnt that stable and there hasnt been any updates.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I wish we could remap the power button, but best thats available right now is longpress pwr, and as far as I know that's only in nueRom217 .
You can map the power button short and long press. It's in the first post of this thread where is mentions Long_Power.lnk and Short_Power.lnk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
Im sorry, but AEButton is a horrible product. Try mapping out the TXT or Mail key. yeah, whatever you select in AEB will open, but so will the mail application.
Just because AEB doesn't meet your needs doesn't make it a horrible product. It's been a necessity for years with me and many others.

As for mapping out keys like no2chem did in his ROMs, shoot him an email and ask if he will share it. It's not something that would be useful to me at this time, but I am sure its just a driver file and a control panel app which would be in line with some of his other apps.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post

Just because AEB doesn't meet your needs doesn't make it a horrible product. It's been a necessity for years with me and many others.

I agree 100%. The more the hardware manufacturers eliminate the buttons, the more of a necessity it is.

Hell, look at the new TP2. That doesn't have any buttons at all........

~John
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

ms009986 is a n00b

Am I right in thinking that AE Buttons Plus can't remap the power button? Is there some sort of reason for that? I don't see an obvious way to do it, but why not? I wanted one-click to stay the default, but long-press to soft-reset the phone.

Also, can you map a button to change keyboards? I usually keep the default QWERTY keyboard, but when I send a text I'd rather it switch automatically to the large phone-keypad-type keyboard. Is this doable?

Last edited by ms009986; 02-20-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HTC touch pro ... people share your configuration....

Long_Power.lnk--> xpshutdown
Gren talk button.. single-> default
" " .. double-> start menu
ok/enter .. single press defualt
" .. double -> close open program
" .. triple -> memory monitor
" .. hold -> date and time
dial pad up .. single -> default
" .. long hold -> musicID
" down .. single --> default
" " .. long ---> camera

i used to have up volume long hold.. musicid
and down volume hold to camera but it used to work intermittenly...
Old 02-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

bobda is a n00b

Hi, is it possible to use the .lnk method to map a button to perform an alt+tab or "next program"?

Last edited by bobda; 02-21-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinman02 View Post
Does anyone else have problems mapping the center D pad button of the touch pro using AEB Plus? I can map it ok for the double, triple and long press, but when I map it to anything, the single press (mapped to press "enter" or call default handler) doesn't work anymore... It seems to disable the main function of the center button (enter). It's a pretty important function to press enter so currently I can't map any other functions to the button, because the main one then becomes disabled... What am I doing wrong here? Reading some other posts on this tread, it seems like others were able to map this button successfully and still use the "enter" function. A specific sequence maybe? I've tried this with a couple different ROMS including the stock SPRINT ROM and I get the same results. Can anyone help? I should point out that I have a fully registered version, and I've been able to map the green and red buttons successfully.

I'm having the same problem as well. I've installed MagiKB Lite, but I've disabled the d-pad and center button features of MagiKB Lite.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Anyone else experience this issue w/ AE Button Plus and the center d-pad button?

Any fix for this?
Old 05-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ldrn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm View Post
I wish someone could just figure out how nueWhoever mapped out the keys in his nueRom. Im sorry, but AEButton is a horrible product. Try mapping out the TXT or Mail key. yeah, whatever you select in AEB will open, but so will the mail application.

We know its possible in his rom, it should theoretically be possible in any ROM.

What really surprises me is that this hasnt been a bigger deal. Accidentally pressing the TXT key is by far my biggest complaint about this phone.
I don't know how he did it, but I know an easy way I was able to do it. (I know you're probably not looking for an answer anymore, but I found this thread while searching for a way, so...)

If you know how to make shortcuts -- if not, just use total commander or something -- just make one called short_sms.lnk for the txt key and another called short_messaging.lnk for the envelope key, and put them in the \windows folder. Now those will be run instead of the sms and mail apps when you press them.

I have them run mortscripts to press "esc" for me as an alternative to alt when I'm using ssh with irssi, but you can have them do anything you want. If you don't want to mess around with mortscript or apps, you can have the shortcuts do nothing and then have AE Button Plus or the like handle them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro