PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Review by a Mogul user

i still wouldnt base getting a phone now on something that may or may not happen 12 months from now. Realize even if these "talks" go through for CDMA, and pending Sprint picks it up, it wont be until late 2009 earliest that we see it. Carrier testing alone is a few months process past the development period.

I also think typing on the screen, even on a 3.8" screen, is still tedious at best. Theres still no tactile feedback and it doesnt type like a normal keyboard for heavy email users. Try typing landscape onscreen on a mogul/touch/diamond/pro using the diamond qwerty and thats about what the HD is portrait. Its still not ideal for heavy emailers, theres no replacement for a real keyboard.

the Pro is a good device i have the Diamond and Pro and the Diamond is probably going back.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 10-26-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:09 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Yup, I dont see the HD over here until maybe the end of 09
Old 10-26-2008, 04:12 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

I sent my Samsung Instinct back because the screen pissed me off because it wasn't as accurate as I am on a physical keyboard. The Diamond my GF has is a lot better, but still, you waste time going back and deleting something. The Pro is spot on and for heavy text message user and e-mailers, that's a must!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:28 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I've already heard its slated for 1Q of 09.

Either way... We'll see. The early reviews of the Touch Pro aren't exactly encouraging. One sore point for me is the earpiece complaints... The quality of the earpiece on the Mogul is crap... if people are complaining about the earpiece on the Touch Pro, it means I'm gonna be really upset with the quality.

I'm still gonna give the TP a chance... but I'm not sure about it.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 10-26-2008, 04:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

gladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good workgladesmellzgood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to gladesmellzgood Send a message via Yahoo to gladesmellzgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post

Either way... We'll see. The early reviews of the Touch Pro aren't exactly encouraging. One sore point for me is the earpiece complaints... The quality of the earpiece on the Mogul is crap... if people are complaining about the earpiece on the Touch Pro, it means I'm gonna be really upset with the quality.

Im not sure what you have heard about the earpiece on the pro but its sounds pretty good to me after raising the volume with diamondtweaks. It always sounds great even in low coverage
Old 10-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i agree sounds fine using the audiopara in the sticky.

Also i dont see how itd be possible to see a CDMA HD in Q1 2009. Thatd be nearly impossible seeing as its already Q4 2008. It takes more than a few months to test it and get FCC/carrier approvals alone, let alone the HTC employee is still apparently in the tinkering stage with it. So they have to design a final build and assemble it, get FCC approval, get carrier approval, finalize the design and all the software for it, and then mass produce and release them- all in 4-5 months or less from a soldered mock-up by a tech at HTC? not a chance with carrier beaurocracy.

Honest guess, mid to late 2009 at best knowing how US carriers are about testing. I mean think how long we've known about the CDMA Diamond coming- since almost the begining of the year in the rumor mill and it took 9-10 months to get here, thats if they hadnt already been working on it too. Its been since mid summer when the FCC approved it, so 3-3.5 months later.

Whoever said its slated for Q1 2009 is directly contradicting the fact that theyre still supposedly in talks with CDMA carriers and its still in a tech frankenstein/mockup stage, so there couldnt possibly be a timeframe slated yet.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 10-26-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

FYI there IS an ok button and it is on the front of the device. The back button (a kinda backwards arrow) is really an ok button, but is labeled differently presumably to not confuse novice users.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post

HTC has specifically said they are NOT going to release the HD to the US, but that they will consider future advanced phones to a higher degree since there was such an outcry for the touch HD from the US. We are almost certainly not going to get it.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:01 AM
Almost a VIP

well they could always change their mind but its a different situation here than overseas. Theres a MUCH bigger market to sell to between all the other countries, and their diamond has been out for quite a while so its not biting themselves in the butt releasing 2 similar devices. Over here the Diamond is barely out on all carriers yet so itd be a dumb business move to make 2 similar phones for a much smaller market. All of the R&D and such to produce a CDMA HD model wouldnt be worth it right now when they just got done with CDMA Diamonds and can get sales on those. At least thats what it seems that they are saying, which is understandable its business.

i also dont think the outcry for the HD is nearly a fraction of what it is overseas. Id say 99.9999% of Americans dont know it even exists.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:02 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
HTC has specifically said they are NOT going to release the HD to the US, but that they will consider future advanced phones to a higher degree since there was such an outcry for the touch HD from the US. We are almost certainly not going to get it.
I trust critical more than I trust you. HTC is toying with the idea and I guarantee you that we will see a device based around the idea of the Touch HD. It may not be called the Touch HD but it will be very similar in specs.

Anyway, that's not what this thread is for. I didn't mean to hijack.

So you guys DON'T think the earpiece is awful? That's really the only thing that sounds annoying to me from the early reviews. Everything else is nitpicking. I don't even use the buttons I have on my Mogul right now... The two things that bother me are battery life possibilities and the earpiece. If the earpiece is fine, I can get over the battery life since I have the official HTC car charger (its sick - chrome and lights up with a blue HTC light), a charger at home, and a charger at work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro