PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 05:03 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Review by a Mogul user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
i also dont think the outcry for the HD is nearly a fraction of what it is overseas. Id say 99.9999% of Americans dont know it even exists.
More people would know about it if the media could get over the iPhone... The Touch HD looks to be superior to the iPhone in just about every way in terms of features (lets not jump on the OS battle train)

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 10-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

100% agree with you but were in the minority in a media dominated US. It all has to be taken in context of what part of the world were talking, Americans simply arent as tech savy as other countries overall or (overall) demand devices like the HD, were the minority here vs the majority in other places.

I trust Crit too but as i pointed out Q1 2009 would directly contradict what he said about it being in the frankenstein/mock-up stage with CDMA talks still happening. Tehres no way it can be pushed out in under 4 months or so to hit Q1. Still final prototype, FCC, carrier approval, software, mass producing, etc. 4 months would be unheard of to get all of that done. Carrier testing after the FCC gets it and does its thing is a avg. 3 month process alone. The CDMA diamond was approved in summer and released recently on Sprint- thats all carrier testing time.

I still have a sticky feeling if were not even hearing about an unlocked GSM version, a simply band change, then CDMA chances are even more bleak. I cant think of many if at all HTC devices CDMA has gotten that wasnt already on GSM with US bands first.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 10-26-2008 at 05:17 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
I trust critical more than I trust you. HTC is toying with the idea and I guarantee you that we will see a device based around the idea of the Touch HD. It may not be called the Touch HD but it will be very similar in specs.

Anyway, that's not what this thread is for. I didn't mean to hijack.

So you guys DON'T think the earpiece is awful? That's really the only thing that sounds annoying to me from the early reviews. Everything else is nitpicking. I don't even use the buttons I have on my Mogul right now... The two things that bother me are battery life possibilities and the earpiece. If the earpiece is fine, I can get over the battery life since I have the official HTC car charger (its sick - chrome and lights up with a blue HTC light), a charger at home, and a charger at work.
just quoting http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/1...to-the-states/

battery life is fine from what I have seen (perhaps better than the mogul) and I'm not sure what is wrong with the earpiece that can't be easily patched in Audiopara.csv?
Old 10-26-2008, 05:19 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Quote:
100% agree with you but were in the minority in a media dominated US. It all has to be taken in context of what part of the world were talking, Americans simply arent as tech savy as other countries overall or (overall) demand devices like the HD, were the minority here vs the majority in other places.

I trust Crit too but as i pointed out Q1 2009 would directly contradict what he said about it being in the frankenstein/mock-up stage with CDMA talks still happening. Tehres no way it can be pushed out in under 4 months or so to hit Q1. Still final prototype, FCC, carrier approval, software, mass producing, etc. 4 months would be unheard of to get all of that done. Carrier testing after the FCC gets it and does its thing is a avg. 3 month process alone. The CDMA diamond was approved in summer and released recently on Sprint- thats all carrier testing time.
Everyone knows that Sprint's idea of 1Q is May... lol. I see your point. I was just repeating what I'd heard. Didn't say I truly believed it would be out by then. I have my doubts too because I know how long the FCC sits on things...

holo - the thing that I'd been hearing was just that the earpiece produced poor quality sound. One person on here said its the worst earpiece he has ever heard on a mobile. That's a turn off... So I'm obviously going to have to just try it out myself. And you're also the first to say that the Touch Pro has better battery life than the Mogul, which is intriguing.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

more like their idea of Q1 is August, but anyways....

earpiece is such a subjective thing, one person's worst is another person's best. I think its just fine honestly and the audipara sticky makes the volume a little louder if you personally need it. I think its right on par with other HTC devices- not the greatest but not bad.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:26 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*

Quote:
earpiece is such a subjective thing, one person's worst is another person's best. I think its just fine honestly and the audipara sticky makes the volume a little louder if you personally need it. I think its right on par with other HTC devices- not the greatest but not bad.
Cool. That's what I really wanted to hear. I found it hard to believe that HTC would release such a high-profile device with a crappy earpiece.

Personally, I think that Sprint and HTC are going to have major cash cows between the Diamond and TP. First PocketPC I've ever heard someone non-geek call "sexy" was the Diamond... lol
Old 10-26-2008, 06:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo

tanksmogul is a n00b

Wow, everything sounds awesome! I haven't seen the TP on sprint.com. Does anyone know when they'll be available directly through Sprint? I think it's a little odd that a retail store would have them available to sell before the Sprint. I guess that's typical?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Funny how some ppl complained how the Mogul had to many bottons on the wrong area. Now.. theres not enough!
I agree, when this phone first came out, people were hating on it already. Now with the Pro out, people are still hating on it. I think you should look at more of the benefit an expandability of this phone really.

HOnestly I found the buttons to be an annoyance then a necessity on my mogul.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holo View Post
FYI there IS an ok button and it is on the front of the device. The back button (a kinda backwards arrow) is really an ok button, but is labeled differently presumably to not confuse novice users.
exactly. but i dont think "ok" and "windows" button are called differently for that reason. i think its because it can fit any OS. so whenever android is ported it wont be confusing.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksmogul View Post
Wow, everything sounds awesome! I haven't seen the TP on sprint.com. Does anyone know when they'll be available directly through Sprint? I think it's a little odd that a retail store would have them available to sell before the Sprint. I guess that's typical?
Well bestbuy had an exclusive deal with sprint to officially release it today. Sprint will have it available next sunday on 11/2, some people have also stated that it may even be a few days earlier so we will see but officially its 11/2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro