PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

biggfoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Switching to landscape problem

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Sometime when I extend the keyboard out it will switch to landscape no problem, but if there isn't input and the keyboard backlight goes out, it will begin looping between land scape and normal mode. The home keys ect will light up, the screen will flip itself for 2 seconds and then the keyboard will light up and it will switch back endlessly.

This seems to happen the most on the today screen. If I get into a program like google maps or opera it will be fine and then if I exit out back to the today screen it will generally be ok with switching to landscape for a while but not always.

I made sure the accelerometer was calibrated, and am going to play with the back light settings and see if it effects it, but does anyone else have any suggestions/fixes? It is getting kind of annoying.

Last edited by biggfoo; 10-26-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Switching to landscape problem

Even the Diamond was jumpy too. A bit slow...... I noticed it works best if you let the whole page load up first!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I believe this YouTube video demonstrates the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh2yvLHAYbg
Old 10-26-2008, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mharvey is becoming a great contributor

That is the problem that I had with my first phone. See the thread that I started at:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41423

It has nothing to do with the accelerometer. The screen should always switch to landscape when the keyboard is out (at least in the today screen, text messaging, etc). I ended up exchanging my phone at Best Buy and all is well. You should do the same.

Good Luck!
Old 10-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

same problem here. Gonna go to BB and get another one. I did two hard resets and nothing worked. It causes other problems too I notice like a big delay when you rotate the phone without the keyboard. Don't know if this is software of hardware causing this.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mharvey is becoming a great contributor

I noticed the lag as well when I had the keyboard open. I figured that the switch/sensor that detected the open keyboard was constantly toggling. That would cause the screen to flip but also was flooding the OS with interrupts so it caused all kinds of lag when I was trying to type.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro