PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Battery life!!! Post your reviews!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
That would make the phone nearly twice as large,,, and its already on the verge of ridiculous.
agreed the majority of us in my opinion would enjoy the phone to be smaller that to be twice the size with more battery life. besides how much worse could it get than the TP1...lol

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Im one a stock battery that was reflashed back to stock and using the stock radio. The only thing is that I turned off the Evdo and I get 2 days out of the battery. I am a heavy texter and rss feed reader.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I used it for work today with 1 15 minute charge half way during the day. Ended up with it showing 90% full. Phone, email and a lot of Excel. Very pleased with the battery life so far.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM
etc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro

etc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
That would make the phone nearly twice as large,,, and its already on the verge of ridiculous.
Yes, it would. So what? Remember Nokia from late 90's? What's wrong with that?

What's ridiculous is putting a tiny 1340 mAh cell in a device this demanding. What's ridiculous is 4 hour runtime if you do anything at all.

I will gladly put up with a device slightly bigger and heavier (or even substantially bigger and heavier) if I get "normal" runtime of a "normal" phone.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & HTC TP2

Macho is just getting started

B 4 i installed a few cabs the life was great i was at 100% the whole day with minimal usage ,, but i guess since then, like today i took off charger full at 130 pm and ritenow 1130 pm im at 73% and i was at work all this time so i havent used it since it was off the charger... so i would say thats a pretty big drop... guess i will deal wit it if i want the cabs
Old 09-30-2009, 10:37 AM
etc
PPCGeeks Regular

etc is a n00b

Fully charged at 6PM, don't use it the rest of the day or the night and it's dead at 5% at 7AM. Nothing but ActiveSync. It doesn't make it 12 hours without a charger. Just absurd.

I thought this was a mobile phone... yet this thing lives connected to the charger half the time. So much that the other day I thought I would top it off (it can go from 50% to 5% in no time at all) and left, forgetting it at home.

Not only that but constant recharge cycles are hard on Li-Ion cells, these cells are not infinite and after a certain number of cycles, they won't take a full charge and eventually fail. A much bigger cell that would have fewer charge cycles due to its large capacity would last much longer.

The Mugen 3,000 mAh cell is still not enough and worse, it's a patch, an after thought instead of an integral design of the device. Makes it look like a brick. I don't mind if it's big as long as it's flatter than that. One other benefit of making it bigger with a 6,000 mAh cell is that you could have a bigger keyboard instead of this tiny thing.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc View Post
Fully charged at 6PM, don't use it the rest of the day or the night and it's dead at 5% at 7AM. Nothing but ActiveSync. It doesn't make it 12 hours without a charger. Just absurd.

I thought this was a mobile phone... yet this thing lives connected to the charger half the time. So much that the other day I thought I would top it off (it can go from 50% to 5% in no time at all) and left, forgetting it at home.

Not only that but constant recharge cycles are hard on Li-Ion cells, these cells are not infinite and after a certain number of cycles, they won't take a full charge and eventually fail. A much bigger cell that would have fewer charge cycles due to its large capacity would last much longer.

The Mugen 3,000 mAh cell is still not enough and worse, it's a patch, an after thought instead of an integral design of the device. Makes it look like a brick. I don't mind if it's big as long as it's flatter than that. One other benefit of making it bigger with a 6,000 mAh cell is that you could have a bigger keyboard instead of this tiny thing.
well its also a smart phone which means the 1500 mah battery is running a powerful processor more memory programs in the background it has alot going on. Ive had my phone on average last 12-16 hours a charge with heavy texting medium data and 30-40 minute call usage. I also have 2 extra batteries on always on the charger one always in the wallet just in case. If the 3k battery comes out soon or maybe a smaller battery that fits in the case I may get one but being a smart phone owner u learn always be ready.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:33 AM
etc
PPCGeeks Regular

etc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
well its also a smart phone which means the 1500 mah battery is running a powerful processor more memory programs in the background it has alot going on. Ive had my phone on average last 12-16 hours a charge with heavy texting medium data and 30-40 minute call usage. I also have 2 extra batteries on always on the charger one always in the wallet just in case.

Yes, that much is obvious. I suspect what happened was, the engineering department said "we need such and such" and gave the specs and the marketing department said, no make it small and it got stuck with a powerful CPU, many features and a cell which doesn't support these features adequately.

The phone is small but you are forced to carry several spare Li-Ion 3.7V cells with you (I usually have 2 or 3 spares as barely sufficient), so what's the benefit of tiny size? I would rather have one phone twice as large with an adequate cell 4x the capacity and not worry about carrying spares everywhere.

You do any kind of real work, or download something, use youtube or use GPS and it seems to go through the battery in 1 hour.

Keep in mind that Li-Ion cells are dangerous chemistry. If your gets hit on something, it will catch on fire. That includes both Li-Ion, Li-Co and CR123 and L91 Energizer Lithium cells. This is chemistry and not a joke. Plus it will produce dangerous and poisonous gases. Keep that in mind if you carry spares loose in your pocket or tool box or something, they need to be protected in a hard case ideally, against impact.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

After having this phone and battery for a year I have noticed my battery lately has been lasting 10-12 instead of 16-20 hours. I take it off a charger a hour before work and on the way home I'll just about kill it.

Do you guys/gals buy new batteries or get free ones from Sprint? If I don't get the Hero in a couple days I'll be needing to get a new battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro