PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Some Touch Pro Questions! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41530)

dman9271 10-25-2008 08:25 PM

Some Touch Pro Questions!

Ok, So I just got the Touch Pro from BB for $247 out the door!! My first impression of this thing is WOW. I am coming from a Mogul and I think this thing is soo much better. A few questions:

1. How do you lock the screen?? Is there a setting or program I can put on the phone so I can easily lock it (without having to go into settings). I miss having a shortcut key on the today screen!

2. Is there a way to replace the Sprint Music Store icon on the home screen so I can just play my MP3 files? I dont use Sprint music store and would like to use this icon as a simple way to access my music. Also, can you add video files to this section? If not, where do you put them?

3. Anyway to remove the facebook icon on the internet tab? I hattttte facebook!!

4. On the Homescreen tab icon, I have the clock and then "call history" and "calander". How do I remove calander and replace it with another icon? Is that possible?

THANKS!!

TurboFool 10-25-2008 08:29 PM

Re: Some Touch Pro Questions!

1. Check out the Long Press End Key app in the Settings and adjust it to show the quick list. This gives you easy access to the Lock function.

2. If I'm not mistaken it also plays your local music from this tab, so you're covered for both.

3. Try deleting the shortcut from within Opera. That may do it.

4. Not sure if this is possible. I know there are apps for customizing TouchFlo3D, so search for some of those.

dman9271 10-25-2008 08:42 PM

I dont see "quick list" as an option when I go into buttons. Am I missing something?

thanks for the quick response!

Baffles 10-25-2008 08:52 PM

S2U2 VGA is really nice on this phone. Even supports auto-unlock when you remove the stylus.

dman9271 10-25-2008 09:05 PM

Does anyone know if the Touch Pro can be used as a universal control? I know the mogul had problems with this. Did they fix the strength of the beam on the Touch Pro?? If so, what program should i purchase?

APOLAUF 10-25-2008 09:22 PM

TPro doesn't have IR. Therefore, nothing will work for it.

chedda_chez 10-25-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 475520)
S2U2 VGA is really nice on this phone. Even supports auto-unlock when you remove the stylus.

where is this cab at bro?

im a noob. sorry ppl. please be patient with me, i learn fast.

-Chez

havoc911 10-25-2008 09:43 PM

does anyone like the lighting on the keybord? i think it suck... the numbers are brighter than the other keys and when slideing to open keyboard is not smooth...like the mogul...

soggystockings 10-25-2008 10:00 PM

I am thinking of getting it tomorrow. A couple of questions.
1. Does the email support gmail labels?
2. Can android be put on the phone?
3. Does the email support FULL HTML email?
4. How many emaill accounts can you put on the phone?

Thx

themystx2 10-25-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soggystockings (Post 475663)
I am thinking of getting it tomorrow. A couple of questions.
1. Does the email support gmail labels?
2. Can android be put on the phone?
3. Does the email support FULL HTML email?
4. How many emaill accounts can you put on the phone?

Thx

1. Not sure
2. most likely
3. yes
4. as many as you have.