PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Other solutions for those who aren't eligible for upgrade? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41509)

twe90kid 10-25-2008 05:59 PM

Other solutions for those who aren't eligible for upgrade?

are there any other solutions as of yet for those who don't have upgrade eligibility?

i signed my Sero contract in Jan 2008 and won't have $75 off until next january, nor would i be able to get the 150, since i'm more then 1 year away. what would be the best solution to get this phone at a discounted price? from what i understand, ordering from sprint and reneweing your contract would not give you any better deal correct?

also it seems like no one on ebay selling the phone for a cheap price as of yet.

i hope this thread would slowly gather solutions for those of us who are wanting to get the phone.

BradWeingartner 10-25-2008 06:03 PM

Re: Other solutions for those who aren't eligible for upgrade?

Your best bet is to get a better job.

TheBundo 10-25-2008 07:19 PM

Actually, if you have a Mogul, with the fixes applied, you have a more useable and versitile phone. The few things the Touch Pro fixes are greatly overshadowed by serious shortcomings that can't be fixed. You will find many day-to-day functions will take longer, involved more steps, etc., because of the lack of buttons, which on the Mogul can be programmed for 4 functions each. We beed a better Mogul, and this ain't it.

VR4ever 10-25-2008 08:28 PM

If you're having problems with the keyboard, bluetooth, screen freezing, white dots on the screen, etc. send an e-mail to e-care and tell them politely that you're not satisfied with your phone because of X problems that affect both you and other mogul owners. If there is nothing you can do to fix such problems, tell e-care you tried X solutions. Ask them, "shouldn't my phone be under warranty still?" Your phone has a one year warranty and they should tell you that they'll send you a return kit for your mogul and they'll credit you back money for your new phone. The retail for the mogul is $549.99 and the retail for the Touch Pro is $579.99. You can get the Touch Pro for $30; that's what I'm doing because I signed up for SERO back in December of 2007. I'll be picking my phone up next week, Sunday, or Monday of the following week.

If e-care offers you $75 rebate again, then start a new e-mail to e-care, not a reply to them and you'll have a good chance of getting it for less than retail. Remember, your phone is still under warranty and they should replace it if there is something wrong with it. If you haven't had any problems with your Mogul, you're SOL and will have to find another way to get a good discount. I feel if I'm paying so much for the Mogul in the first place, I think Sprint and HTC should work better at coordinating drivers and software to fix problems that are widespread which is why you can get an exchange for the Touch Pro if you're nice to e-care and get the right person. Keep your e-mails for proof and don't force them to give you an exchange for a different phone.

twe90kid 10-25-2008 08:35 PM

what does the 1 yr warranty have anything to do with this. they don't care about the waaranty since it doesn't come from them. the warranty is given by the manufacturer