PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: Anything needed with this phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
Glad to see you took notice of my status. I have been on this forum since Jan 07 and on PDAPhoneHome and TreoCentral since even before that. This is by no means my first PDA or PPC. The SMS Sent message does not happen on my WM6.1 Mogul. I have one in front of me as we speak. I know for 100% it used to happen on my 6700 and earlier versions of my Mogul, but I think it is terrible now that it is back.

I've never owned a Touch or a Touch Diamond, but I played with both. I think Tocuh Flo is SLOW. WM5 kicked it's ***. WM6 was faater too. The addons are nice looking but slow the device down considerably. I would relate it to the Treo 600 to Treo 650 fiasco. The 650 seemed so much slower due to its NAND flash.

I am glad you wouldn't go near this phone. To be honest if it was going to cost that much I would recommend it to no one. It is not worht $800. It isn't hard earned money. It is just my money. If I had to really bust my hump I would be PISSED. This phone was bot ready for the public. I like it overall though, if I wasn't a techie I would notice somethings and have no idea most of these issues exist. I have a lot more features I am going to write aboutt, I just have been talking about the ones that stick out. I could write all day about the things that are awesome about this device compared to a feature phone, but we are on PPCGEEKS, trust me these people already know...
Well, status doesn't mean everything. You're running a custom 6.1 rom with SMS notification already disabled. If you run a STOCK sprint rom, I believe it will have notification turned on. It's a simple registry edit to disable anyway, and I have done it on every PPC I've ever used.

TF3D isn't that slow on this phone, being that it was designed for it. Sure it bogs down for a second at times, but it has been zippy fast for me.

You people really need to stop whining. This phone is great, and if you don't like it, the great part is you can crawl back into your cave with your Mogul and be happy. I'm not sitting over on the Titan forum ****ting on your phone (which I have every reason to do, being that I dealt with the hunk of junk for a year), and here you are ****ting on our phone when you haven't even used it.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
I've read all of your post and Bundo replies, first off let me set things straight for you both. To compare the Diamond or TP, to a Mogul is completely absurd, and if you have no experience with either the Diamond or TP how can you say either is worse?
You've the phone err device for what a day? As far as the sms sent message, that's standard with win mo 6.1, there's a simple mod you can use that will stop the notification. I understand you've spend your hard earned $ and all of that, I have a Diamond now and before I had my Diamond I had a Mogul. If I was someone who didn't know any better after reading all you've had to say I wouldn't go anywhere near this phone.
The power button is way that it is to keep the true to the design of the phone. If you want to power the phone on simply pull out the stylus. I am not saying what your wrong for what you have said so far but, I just think your disposition is a bit premature. I've had my Diamond for a month now, it's a lot faster than any other PPC out there next to a TP or HD, which is essentially the same thing.
If you compare a stock Mogul to a stock Diamond there's no comparison whatsoever! I would get a few tweaks that are available for the Diamond and use them, and then hopefully this will allow you to get a better grasp on the device. Most of the things you complained about bothered you are all tweakable nay the physical buttons. I mean you are a senior member so I shouldn't have to remind you that the search button is your friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Well, status doesn't mean everything. You're running a custom 6.1 rom with SMS notification already disabled. If you run a STOCK sprint rom, I believe it will have notification turned on. It's a simple registry edit to disable anyway, and I have done it on every PPC I've ever used.

TF3D isn't that slow on this phone, being that it was designed for it. Sure it bogs down for a second at times, but it has been zippy fast for me.

You people really need to stop whining. This phone is great, and if you don't like it, the great part is you can crawl back into your cave with your Mogul and be happy. I'm not sitting over on the Titan forum ****ting on your phone (which I have every reason to do, being that I dealt with the hunk of junk for a year), and here you are ****ting on our phone when you haven't even used it.
+1
I have been following these guys for some time and have been noticing their reaction. I've had and still have the I930, PPC-6700, PPC-6800 and the Touch, and I wouldn't trade my TP for any of them! Period! The Mogul retails for $299.99 (As quoted on the website) And IMO it would be just stupid to get a Mogul when you can get a Diamond for less or a TP for a little more (I got mine for $312 out the door from Best Buy). This phone has made the Mogul obsolete! Also as Baffles has said, the reason why you don't see the notification is because the custom ROM has that turned off in the registry, go ahead and download the software update on HTC's website for the Sprint Mogul and tell me it doesn't come on!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

Why is everyone just continuing to bail the trolls?
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
Why is everyone just continuing to bail the trolls?
well put. one guy is drinking and paid 812$ for a phone i got for 329$ which is enough to make me drink. also pissed at girl, all been there. and hates tf3 but likes the light on battery charger? you make the call. and bundo is well, a hater. dk
Old 10-26-2008, 01:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
well put. one guy is drinking and paid 812$ for a phone i got for 329$ which is enough to make me drink. also pissed at girl, all been there. and hates tf3 but likes the light on battery charger? you make the call. and bundo is well, a hater. dk
lol, no, just bitterly disappointed. I wanted to upgrade badly, but even I can't talk myself into this being a major net gain
Old 10-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Threadstarter

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Man guys I come back and got mauled. I acutally like the phone quite well. It looks super nice, calls seem to not drop like I had with my Mogul. I like Touch Flo 3D, except in landscape. The buttons are really my only complaint. Also the 6.1 update for the Mogul, the one on the HTC site, disables SMS notification. I used to have to enter that registry hack everytime I hard reset.

I want everyone to stop attacking me for paying full price. I wanted it and knowingly paid the price. I make more than I spend, it is my money to waste. I have full intention of taking it back and eating the 15% restocking fee. I get 39% through one of my employers and possibly even more through Sprint retentions.

Geeze you guys are sensitive to cricism of this phone. I like it, but these are my initial impressions. Of coure I am going to be hard on it, I use my phone heavily and expect a lot out of the device. Of course I will be keeping one as my daily device, it is the BEST phone Sprint currently has to offer.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Did we get a ROM dump yet?
Old 10-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Some things I think are really sweet. I love the weather app, now that it works, I like the animations and the fact you can have mulitple cities. Teeter is the coolest game EVER. That crap is adictive. The bounce of the walll to vibrate is awesome. The programs tab is nice too. I like to have the "start" button with my common programs, but the programs tab is just easier to tap while on the go. The IM app is nice too. I don't typically IM, but may start back. It isn't quite as nice as Agilemessenger in that it doesnt do Google, or ICQ or maybe some others I don't know aboout. I personally don't care I only use AIM and Yahoo and it supports simultaneous login of both. MP3 trimmer is cool. I typically download all my stuff and bluetooth it over, but this may change with this program. The dailer is EASY to use. I found it terrible on the Mogul and Apache. This one just freaking works well. I also don't mind the portrait full onscreen keyboard. It is easy to use too. The resolution of the screen is just beautiful. I've got some more positives to post after playing with it a bit more. Like I said, I like the phone, but I plan on still ripping on it until I get all the kinks worked out.

I just wish I could find the HTC TV-Out cable.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:08 AM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
Man guys I come back and got mauled. I acutally like the phone quite well. ...

Geeze you guys are sensitive to cricism of this phone. I like it, but these are my initial impressions. Of coure I am going to be hard on it, I use my phone heavily and expect a lot out of the device. Of course I will be keeping one as my daily device, it is the BEST phone Sprint currently has to offer.
Hehehe I dont think thebundo helped your cause

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro