PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 05:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible to use second line for 2yr agreement?

My mogul died last night (red light only). A local BB said that they will have the phone in the morning but my main line is still under contract so the phone costs $749.99.

I want to know if I can use my second line to purchase the pro then swap numbers by calling sprint after purchasing the phone. Or is there an easier way?
Old 10-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Possible to use second line for 2yr agreement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
My mogul died last night (red light only). A local BB said that they will have the phone in the morning but my main line is still under contract so the phone costs $749.99.

I want to know if I can use my second line to purchase the pro then swap numbers by calling sprint after purchasing the phone. Or is there an easier way?
I'm not the authoritative answer on this but I'd ask bb and it's probably possible. I know my dad has used the upgrades available from other lines to upgrade various phones several times on at&t. Probably don't even have to do any weird esn swaps.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff

No esn swaps, just call up sprint and ask them to swap the phone numbers. Or better yet, buy the phone and request that it be not activated, call sprint and have them activate it with on my first line.

Since BB doesn't deal with rebates this should work.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

forget what BB told you. You get ALL discounts if you open a second line. Im not sure if BB activates phones though. Im sure they do. If not, then you have to call sprint and activate. Either way, tell them you want your main # switched to the new phone and the new # on the mogul. Ive done it many times. doing this will restart your agreement terms of 1 year or 2, which ever you picked.

Last edited by gator352; 10-25-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Now looking back, I didnt' explain my situation correctly.

I currently have 2 lines. My first (broken mogul) line is still under contract. My second (lg fusic) line's contract ended sometime last year. I want to get the Touch Pro discounted by extending the contract on my second line then trashing my mogul and activating the Touch Pro on my main line.

Kinda confusing.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That should work with no problem. They don't care what you do with the phone under contract, as long as you complete the contract
Old 10-25-2008, 06:50 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i used my moms upgrade( same acc.) to get get my diamond cheap. they just used my number with her upgrade. bottom line, yes worked for me.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro

Balibe is a n00b

Worked for me. Purchase at BB today as an upgrade and with the 20% rewardzone discount for on another cellular number on my account. Came home, called Sprint and had them switch the numbers. Only issue was the CSR has no documentation in the system for the steps she needed to walk me thru on the phone for the TouchPro. Just tell them it is the same procedure as the regular Touch.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you buy the phone with 2 year or 1 year subscriber agreements at Best Buy, they have to activate it there, otherwise they don't get credit for the transaction. If you buy it outright (at the $700+ price) then of course you don't have to activate it at the store.

I tried asking them anyways, but they refused to sell it without activating it.

I'm going to a Sprint store tomorrow to have the phone numbers swapped.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dukedvl is just getting started

I was able to buy the phone at Best Buy on my 2nd account that had the expired contract/phone that was up for renewal, and received all the appropriate discounts. They activated it in store on the 2nd line. I then logged online to Sprint and was able to swap the phone to my other account with out any issues. Took less than 5 minutes. The data service was not available for about 15 minutes but the phone worked right away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro