PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know a good remote desktop program?

Just as the title says... It would be great to run a remote desktop...
Old 10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: Anyone know a good remote desktop program?

Check out the one near the bottom of this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17847

I've used it heavily on my Mogul for quite some time, and it's breathtaking on the Touch Pro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah! this MSoft rdp is awesome. I am writing this post from my TP on my laptop. This will be nice for me to use at work. for some reason I had to use the IP, could not get pc name to work.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

setup logmein free and you will always be able to acess your pc no need to be on your home network connected to wifi or have to setup port fowarding for your home pc thru rdp

http://www.logmein.com also good media alternative is orb it lets you stream your home movies and mp3's to your cell for free

http://www.orb.com
Old 11-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
setup logmein free and you will always be able to acess your pc no need to be on your home network connected to wifi or have to setup port fowarding for your home pc thru rdp

http://www.logmein.com also good media alternative is orb it lets you stream your home movies and mp3's to your cell for free

http://www.orb.com

Have you guys managed to get logmein working with the slide out keyboard?
-mark
Old 11-02-2008, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

+1 Logmein. Only thing to remember is that your target PC needs to be left on.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

RDP works great, and will full screen your remote computer in full VGA resolution without scrolling around and without any interface to bug you if you full screen it. you can also set the sounds to come out on your device if you want and the new version will map your phone as a file share on the remote computer to copy files around....

It works perfectly, set it to high color and full screen and you're set...
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

where can i get remote desktop and is it true only certain windows xp and vista versions work with it?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I am using the Remote Desktop posted in the thread mentioned in the first reply here in your thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17847
I have Windows Vista Business on the target machine, using an AT&T Tilt, also know as the HTC Kaiser or TyTn II, it works perfectly.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

I have used both RDP 6.0 and 6.1 and they both work well. I am currently using zaDesktop and like the options it gives me to change resolutions and zoom my view. Best of all it's freeware! http://www.zatelnet.com/zadesktop/main.php

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro