PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone button?

Anyone else's phone button not working right? I'd assume the phone app would get brought up once I hit it, but nothing. The end call doesn't seem to be doing anything either.

Im sure im just retarded, but wanted to see if anyone else noticed.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

sundevil07 is just getting started
Re: Phone button?

mine is woking fine
Old 10-24-2008, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

TouchFlo 3D was blocking the Phone button key presses. When I disabled it, everything worked.

However, still stupid the button does nothing within TFlo3D... Anyway back to figuring the phone out.

To the people near chicago, the Addison best buy was cleared to sell them. 2 left.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Can someone please explain how their phone button works? I want to make sure I am not retarded before I return this.

I can't hit the phone button at all for the phone app to come up. And when I map buttons, I only get 1 button to show.

Right now, if I have TFlo3D running or not and hit the phone button nothing happens. I literally have to be on the main TFlo3D tab and hit phone, or Start>Phone to get to the phone.

This how everyones works?

Thanks.

Last edited by cohowap; 10-25-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700->Mogul->Touch Pro

Jact is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post
Can someone please explain how their phone button works? I want to make sure I am not retarded before I return this.

I can't hit the phone button at all for the phone app to come up. And when I map buttons, I only get 1 button to show.

Right now, if I have TFlo3D running or not and hit the phone button nothing happens. I literally have to be on the main TFlo3D tab and hit phone, or Start>Phone to get to the phone.

This how everyones works?

Thanks.
It works fine for me....just a short press of the phone on the left corner brings it up. If held down it starts voice command.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So it end's up I am retarded.

Well sorta. So since I have fat fingers, I never noticed. The D-Pad is NOT the circle in the middle. That is just a confirm button. The D-Pad is actually activated with you click outside of the circle. The phone key, is part of the D-Pad action. My fat finger always made the D-Pad action register instead of the phone.

Time to diet i guess...
Old 10-26-2008, 01:25 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post
So it end's up I am retarded.

Well sorta. So since I have fat fingers, I never noticed. The D-Pad is NOT the circle in the middle. That is just a confirm button. The D-Pad is actually activated with you click outside of the circle. The phone key, is part of the D-Pad action. My fat finger always made the D-Pad action register instead of the phone.

Time to diet i guess...
if you dont wana go on diet, try reading your manual.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
if you dont wana go on diet, try reading your manual.
Lol.

Actually, the phone ended up being defected, so I am not as fat nor stupid as I thought. Replaced it this morning and now it works as expected. The talk, end call and back button's all functioned as the "Home" button.

Thanks for the advise though, next time instead of playing with the phone, I'll read all 100 pages first.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro