PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Phone button? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41380)

cohowap 10-24-2008 08:42 PM

Phone button?

Anyone else's phone button not working right? I'd assume the phone app would get brought up once I hit it, but nothing. The end call doesn't seem to be doing anything either.

Im sure im just retarded, but wanted to see if anyone else noticed.

sundevil07 10-24-2008 08:52 PM

Re: Phone button?

mine is woking fine

cohowap 10-24-2008 08:54 PM

TouchFlo 3D was blocking the Phone button key presses. When I disabled it, everything worked.

However, still stupid the button does nothing within TFlo3D... Anyway back to figuring the phone out.

To the people near chicago, the Addison best buy was cleared to sell them. 2 left.

cohowap 10-25-2008 11:26 PM

Can someone please explain how their phone button works? I want to make sure I am not retarded before I return this.

I can't hit the phone button at all for the phone app to come up. And when I map buttons, I only get 1 button to show.

Right now, if I have TFlo3D running or not and hit the phone button nothing happens. I literally have to be on the main TFlo3D tab and hit phone, or Start>Phone to get to the phone.

This how everyones works?

Thanks.

Jact 10-25-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohowap (Post 475817)
Can someone please explain how their phone button works? I want to make sure I am not retarded before I return this.

I can't hit the phone button at all for the phone app to come up. And when I map buttons, I only get 1 button to show.

Right now, if I have TFlo3D running or not and hit the phone button nothing happens. I literally have to be on the main TFlo3D tab and hit phone, or Start>Phone to get to the phone.

This how everyones works?

Thanks.

It works fine for me....just a short press of the phone on the left corner brings it up. If held down it starts voice command.

cohowap 10-26-2008 01:15 AM

So it end's up I am retarded.

Well sorta. So since I have fat fingers, I never noticed. The D-Pad is NOT the circle in the middle. That is just a confirm button. The D-Pad is actually activated with you click outside of the circle. The phone key, is part of the D-Pad action. My fat finger always made the D-Pad action register instead of the phone.

Time to diet i guess...

darren.wlsn1 10-26-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohowap (Post 475999)
So it end's up I am retarded.

Well sorta. So since I have fat fingers, I never noticed. The D-Pad is NOT the circle in the middle. That is just a confirm button. The D-Pad is actually activated with you click outside of the circle. The phone key, is part of the D-Pad action. My fat finger always made the D-Pad action register instead of the phone.

Time to diet i guess...

if you dont wana go on diet, try reading your manual.

cohowap 10-26-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 476012)
if you dont wana go on diet, try reading your manual.

Lol.

Actually, the phone ended up being defected, so I am not as fat nor stupid as I thought. Replaced it this morning and now it works as expected. The talk, end call and back button's all functioned as the "Home" button.

Thanks for the advise though, next time instead of playing with the phone, I'll read all 100 pages first.