PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: how much better is the touch pro vs the diamond?
100 times better. i'm stoked 25 39.06%
a little better. i hope the geeks can finish it. 27 42.19%
about the same. 7 10.94%
worse. i cant belive it. 5 7.81%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Previous Diamond Owners Only... How do you compare the touch pro to the diamond? poll

I would like to hear how the touch pro compares to the diamond.

we all know about the memory card, tv out, and keyboard. i want to know about things like the bug fixes.

for example...

battery life (i know it may take a week or so to tell)
in call volume (was way low on diamond)
heat problem (diamond got way to hot) (lack of heat sheild)
gps lag
g sensor lag and issues

and anything else you noticed different. good or bad.

i am considering the TP, but i need more than a diamond with a key board.

Thanks, Cody

take the poll as well.
PDA's I've owned/used in order... (retentions loves me)... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve)
Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Previous Diamond Owners Only... How do you compare the touch pro to the diamond?

I haven't owned a Diamond, so I can't vote, but there's no issues with the G-Sensor yet. Very responsive. In call volume is okay. About as good as my Touch ever was. Haven't tried actually driving around with GPS yet, but so far, the GPS locks twice as fast INDOORS as my Touch did OUTDOORS...so that's pretty good.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Re: Previous Diamond Owners Only... How do you compare the touch pro to the diamond?

six vote and no comments. come on guys. comments. why? why not? details details. you're killing me. lol
Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Arrow Re: Previous Diamond Owners Only... How do you compare the touch pro to the diamond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
I would like to hear how the touch pro compares to the diamond.

we all know about the memory card, tv out, and keyboard. i want to know about things like the bug fixes.

for example...

battery life (i know it may take a week or so to tell)
in call volume (was way low on diamond)
heat problem (diamond got way to hot) (lack of heat shield)
gps lag
g sensor lag and issues

and anything else you noticed different. good or bad.

i am considering the TP, but i need more than a diamond with a key board.

Thanks, Cody

take the poll as well.
Took the poll. I am posting this thread for you to look at.. The very first post in this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41096 thread answers your question about bug fixes. If you search that thread, it will also answer your question about the heat shield.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This thing is SWEET!

No heat, instant GPS lock, no primer for iGo, couple of additional apps, keyboard that screams, sd card for expandability,

AND BEST OF ALL, no gay purple backing

And the battery appears to be holding up VERY well...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Took the poll. I am posting this thread for you to look at.. The very first post in this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41096 thread answers your question about bug fixes. If you search that thread, it will also answer your question about the heat shield.
man, come on. i, as well as everybody here, has read that thread. i have read every post in that thread.

i want to hear from the users. that will the the true review.

Last edited by codyppc; 10-25-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew.man View Post
AND BEST OF ALL, no gay purple backing
Last time I checked, colors didn't have a sexual orientation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

Im with you Coddy, don't need a Diamond with a keyboard and a memory card slot
Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Not voting yet, just got home an hr ago and need to play more, but I'm loving it so far. Feels MUCH thicker then the TD, but that's OK because it fits better in my hand. The fact it has an SD slot is reason enough for me to switch, and to be honest I'm not crazy about the small keys on the keyboard. It doesn't seem any different than the TD speed-wise. Chrome finish is much > maroon on the TD too. I'm happy for now, and don't see any reason why that would change...yet
Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Wow. I have been reading through the forums and have seen manuy people who had the diamond, but yet very little support in this thread.

Since no one really wants to post.. I will. Look like the audio problem is just as bad. Criticalaudio guy said it was one of the things fixed, but it is the same.

Audiopara file thing may seem to fix the issue, but I didn't think it did enough of a fix on the diamond to really call it a fix.

Battery.. We will have to wait to know for sure.

Heat thing... I haven't seen anyone complaning about it. So....

Gps... I have seen many say it locks on to sats fast, but still some say it took like two minutes. The biggest problem with the gpds on the diamond was it was about a block behind when driving don't the road. Compared to the curve which is right on.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro