PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

daewezzy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First time PPC owner. Where to start?

Hi everyone,

I've never really been into PPC's or PDA's before and after playing around with my TP for a day it's pretty overwhelming. I was looking through the essentials thread and the FAQ thread and I really had no idea what was going on. For example, I wanted to do the "Disable SMS Sent Notification" tweak but I didn't even know where to find that (pretty embarassing since it seems so easy). Thanks for any help.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: First time PPC owner. Where to start?

honestly it is ALOT of information at once. just play with your phone for a few days, learn were the shortcuts to things are, find out what it does and doesnt do well for your taste, then start reading. just worry about one tweak at a time untill the threads seem less scifi and more practical. also you need to learn how to use a registry editor if you havent before. its just like classic regedit on the pc. once you can navigate the registery easily things will get a whole lot clearer. (be careful not to edit things accidently though because it can mess things up and cause you to have to hard reset and lose saved data)
Old 11-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

need to download a registry program for ur phone... there should be a few around. once installed, the directions should be a bit easier. it will take some time to get used to everything you can do with a PDA phone, but once you get the hang of it, you will never want to go to another phone again.

Last edited by SkunkApe; 11-03-2008 at 02:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

daewezzy is a n00b

Thanks for the quick responses. I did a quick search for a registry editor and I just wanted to make sure if this was the right one.

http://freewareppc.com/utilities/phm...ryeditor.shtml
Old 11-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

that one works, I personally use totalcommander its a file explorer ftp and regedit all in one and its free for your ppc
Old 11-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Yes that's the one.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

SkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkunkApe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yep thats a good one...i have both that one and total commander. both work great.

trust me when i tell you...this site will really help you out learning the things you need to learn.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

daewezzy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
yep thats a good one...i have both that one and total commander. both work great.

trust me when i tell you...this site will really help you out learning the things you need to learn.
Yah this site seems really good and friendly also. Thanks again everyone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro