PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Lurker

henly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FFS This is driving me mad......

..... posted on another forum on another site (well half a dozen other sites actually) with no replies, Im hoping some of yous guys can help.

.......Another reason not to buy this phone.

As Ive recieved no reply to my last query Ill try again on another similar theme.

Recieved my touch last week and my Voyager 520 headset would not work with it.

So I contacted HTC and after several phone calls was told that I need a sterio A2TP heatset, no mention of a specific brand, so haveing had 4 Plantronic headset with no problems in the past I bought a 855 Sterio A2TP bluetooth headset .

However it wont play either MP3 or any other default ring tones through the headset, Ive paired it several times and selected either one or the other or both options in the services section and it just refuses to play.

It will play media player files i.e. MP3's, I can have voice convo's with phone callers, even play the ringtones as i set them up when i use the test button but absolutly refuses to play when someone rings me, all i get is two tones like beep beep, the handset vibrates and the ringtone rings but it will not pass it on to my earpiece.

Ive been onto Plantronics and tested the set on other phones so I know its not the set, and ivebben onto HTC and there answer is they cant help because they do not support any other device except whats desplayed on there web site, despite the fach they advised me to buy in the first place, they say that i should get back to the people who supplied the phone (expansys),

If you can solve this Ill retract everything Ive ever said or thought about this phone.

Im hoping its something Ive missed otherwise im stuck with a piece of £50.00 kit thats no good to me,or rather a piece of s**t phone that cost an arm and a leg.

PS Ive just noticed that Expansys Lists the 855 as an accessary for this phone????
Old 10-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

loxllxol is a n00b
Re: FFS This is driving me mad......

Quote:
Originally Posted by henly View Post
..... posted on another forum on another site (well half a dozen other sites actually) with no replies, Im hoping some of yous guys can help.

.......Another reason not to buy this phone.

As Ive recieved no reply to my last query Ill try again on another similar theme.

Recieved my touch last week and my Voyager 520 headset would not work with it.

So I contacted HTC and after several phone calls was told that I need a sterio A2TP heatset, no mention of a specific brand, so haveing had 4 Plantronic headset with no problems in the past I bought a 855 Sterio A2TP bluetooth headset .

However it wont play either MP3 or any other default ring tones through the headset, Ive paired it several times and selected either one or the other or both options in the services section and it just refuses to play.

It will play media player files i.e. MP3's, I can have voice convo's with phone callers, even play the ringtones as i set them up when i use the test button but absolutly refuses to play when someone rings me, all i get is two tones like beep beep, the handset vibrates and the ringtone rings but it will not pass it on to my earpiece.

Ive been onto Plantronics and tested the set on other phones so I know its not the set, and ivebben onto HTC and there answer is they cant help because they do not support any other device except whats desplayed on there web site, despite the fach they advised me to buy in the first place, they say that i should get back to the people who supplied the phone (expansys),

If you can solve this Ill retract everything Ive ever said or thought about this phone.

Im hoping its something Ive missed otherwise im stuck with a piece of £50.00 kit thats no good to me,or rather a piece of s**t phone that cost an arm and a leg.

PS Ive just noticed that Expansys Lists the 855 as an accessary for this phone????
So all this frustration because you cannot hear a ringtone THROUGH YOUR BLUETOOTH?? Get a life junior.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

henly is a n00b

Hehe don't I wish it were as simple as that, I bought this phone as a replacement for a Ipaq 6900, as a self employed heating engineer it is important to me to be able to work and talk at the same time, however if i cant hear the phone ring because of noisy environments etc (and don't suggest vibes cos Ive got that turned on as well), the it means I don't only lose work but credibility as well, so before criticisms is p***** get the full facts, I came here for help not critism, does that hep you 'junior'
Old 10-21-2008, 07:13 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

what phone are we talking about?(pro or what) this is the touch pro forum.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-21-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

People, I'm gonna have to close this thread before it gets ugly.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro