PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

ndesent1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oh sprint has messed up

ok. so my mogul has been jacked from day one. i have had 3 replacements in the last 8 months and need one now. After several emails and calls i talked to jeremy a customer service manager...so he says. any way i told him my issue and he told me that he will note my account and for me to call back on the 19th and they will ship out a touch pro and i just gotta send in my mogul. I said str8 trade to ost....he said yes. this was on the 15th....today i read its been pushed back so i called sprint back......NO NOTE ON MY ACCOUNT FOR THE PHONE. this is some bs. my phone is really messed up. this rep today tells me i have to pay 50 for a replacement mogul......DAMN i just been lied to and now i gotta pay 50 to get another broke phone.....ive paid 150 already in replacements...i have been with sprint for 5 years and right now the g1 and att are looking really good.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Threadstarter

ndesent1 is a n00b
Re: oh sprint has messed up

oh yeah the rep also told me that the system still shows the phone being released on the 19th
Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndesent1 View Post
ok. so my mogul has been jacked from day one. i have had 3 replacements in the last 8 months and need one now. After several emails and calls i talked to jeremy a customer service manager...so he says. any way i told him my issue and he told me that he will note my account and for me to call back on the 19th and they will ship out a touch pro and i just gotta send in my mogul. I said str8 trade to ost....he said yes. this was on the 15th....today i read its been pushed back so i called sprint back......NO NOTE ON MY ACCOUNT FOR THE PHONE. this is some bs. my phone is really messed up. this rep today tells me i have to pay 50 for a replacement mogul......DAMN i just been lied to and now i gotta pay 50 to get another broke phone.....ive paid 150 already in replacements...i have been with sprint for 5 years and right now the g1 and att are looking really good.
Honestly if its not working out, then you probably should try att and the g1. with att your going to get a much slower network. Yeah Yeah we know att is gsm and the potential is great, but currently 3g is so slow compared to rev a, and the g1 is the first phone with the android os, so more then likely you will have problems. Not to mention, tmobile is even slower then att. What you have to realize is no company is going to make you completely happy, you will always have something to complain about. Honestly if you want the pro, then upgrade like everyone else or just buy it when it comes out. By calling customer care, they're only selling you dreams to get you off the phone.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Should've gotten it in writing.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

copper rs is a n00b

Might as well bail, you seem like a complainer. Go to att, and get an iPhone. You'll enjoy it.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work
Thumbs down Re: oh sprint has messed up

Quote:
The exact same thing happened to me...
This is my third Mogul with the same problems.
A retentions/account services rep named Robert S.
said I could exchange devices for the difference in price
when the Touch Pro is out and he did not notate my account,
so every other rep has said too bad.
I wrote to dan@sprint
and explained, in vivid detail, the problem I am having.
Tasha (Dan's helper <lol>) from ecare says she is going to call
me when the phone is out.
I have 4 lines W/Sprint since 2001.
If Tasha can't help, it's 3iPhones and the at&t version of the touch pro
for my family.
I do not want to but,
I'll sue to avoid the ETF based on a verbal breach of contract and some emails I have supporting my situation.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Yeah SPrint has done the same to me in other situations. Long story short they owed me $400 and kept jacking with me that they would investigate it. Finally had to go through the the BBB and finally got their attention.

But damn, they got me hooked with their cheap service plans. The one time I didn't have sprint anymore, I went shopping again, and after seeing how expensive everyone else is, I came back to Sprint. This was even before I got on the SERO plan. Guess you gotta take the good with the bad. No such thing as a perfect provider.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH

atoy74 is a n00b

Quote:
G1 FTW! I'm debating moving over to Tmobile as well cause of this delay.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

The delay? There is no official delay yet, so don't make any plans based on it until Sunday.

Also, why don't you have insurance? After 3 replacements paying out of pocket, you would think you would have learned. Unless you're paying $50 to asurion, in which case you only get like 2 replacements a year anyway, and that's only for problems caused by you anyway.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
The delay? There is no official delay yet, so don't make any plans based on it until Sunday.

Also, why don't you have insurance? After 3 replacements paying out of pocket, you would think you would have learned. Unless you're paying $50 to asurion, in which case you only get like 2 replacements a year anyway, and that's only for problems caused by you anyway.
Considering the Mogul doesn't cost $50, obviously he's used insurance each time. Odd, though, as he should have been able to get the phone replaced under warranty.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro