PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Retentions Deal: $130 Shipped

I am getting my PRO for $50 with the neighbor plan. Its a great program, you use your mogul infront of your neighbor and show him how you get 3 bars in the middle of nowhere where you live and how you use your wifirouter to feed your laptop internet when he gets neither and when he says "yea, i I am going to get a phone like yours when I get back from this training on Nov 5 and sign up with sprint" you just nonchalantly offer to give him yours if he gets the pro with his plan for 300 and offer to pay the difference in the cost for the mogel and he says "sure, that sounds awesome" I love my life!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
My deal from e-care was that since I had a spending limit on my account they want me to purchase the pro full price and I will return my touch and they will credit my account the exact amount I paid for the phone (pro) on to my account! I have the e-mails saved so no one can say other wise at sprint (NO CONTRACT EXTENSION)
just overpay online, ahead of time, to avoid that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

don't trust the emails to save you from anything. they've denied me a 10%a month discount that was never applied to my account though I had an email explicitly stating it had. and still haven't given it to me.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I am very happy for you. I never got insurance so good deals are out of the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
Man I'm so jealous now! Sprint extended my contract 2 years without notifying us and without any of us upgrading phones, I'm wondering if I can use that as a bargaining ship to get a similarly priced touch pro! Sauman, do you have a name or extension?
Are you serious? I wouldn't have taken that. Was it one of those things where you got a new plan and they didn't give you all info? Did they just take it upon themselves to renew your contract?

I am very interested.

Last edited by esqueue; 10-15-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I am very happy for you. I never got insurance so good deals are out of the picture.

Are you serious? I wouldn't have taken that. Was it one of those things where you got a new plan and they didn't give you all info? Did they just take it upon themselves to renew your contract?

I am very interested.
A long story short: 3 lines were on p2k (old billing system), 1 line on ensemble (new billing system). Couldn't merge the two accounts no matter what Sprint tried so were paying a lot more / month then we really had to. Finally, after constant calls to sprint, retentions canceled all the lines, waived the ETF and activated all the lines again on the same family plan. In that time we also added a new line. After that whole ordeal our contract was somehow extended two years. Ecare claims we still have rebate status of 2 years, but I don't like how our contract was extended without our explicit knowledge or consent. This was all done right after Sprint implemented its new policy that plan changes did not have to accompany contract extensions. So yeah, I was pretty mad about that. The weird thing is I had spoken to retentions about this contention I have with Sprint and the "best" they could offer me was new phones at web specials. Either I didn't try hard enough or Sprint think they can get away anything because now I'm now locked in until 2010.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

Beware. When I upgraded to my Mogul I was promised a whole slew of discounts but I never saw them. In the end I paid the same price as everyone else.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I got $125, though $75 of it is promised to be credited after the fact.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
just overpay online, ahead of time, to avoid that
I would have to contact e-care again because I have a spending limit, I don't want to overpay 579.99 and they tell me because you have a spending limit you still have to purchase the phone and now I overpaid $579.99 and then they'll still credit me $579.99 +tax that leave with a credit of $1158.98, but i don't want to give sprint that kind of money. Good suggestion I'll check first before I make an ill advised decision !!!
Old 10-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

musicguy980 is a n00b

Just thought I would share my retention story with everyone. last night i decided to email retentions about my mogul. in hopes of getting a touch pro when it was released sunday. well first they offered me 150 credit. i told them that was unexceptable since the mogul has all these problems. so i decided to call retentions instead. got a very nice lady who agreed to give me the touch pro for free 150 when it drops on sunday. i made sure she noted on my account called back to verify. i'm so happy i can feel like doing back flips. i get the touch pro, and keep my mogul for only 150. thanx retentions
Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

jkfoxworth is just getting started

What was your exact email and what were the problems with the Mogul that you stated? Also, what did you say to retentions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro