PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   A Few Questions Before Switching To The Touch Pro... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39965)

staticent116 10-09-2008 06:25 PM

A Few Questions Before Switching To The Touch Pro...

I currently have the Sprint HTC Touch Diamond and definitely want to switch to the Pro when it comes out on the 19th. I love my Diamond, but the lack of a physical keyboard is really doing me in here. But before I upgrade, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me with my questions:

1) Will the Pro have the MP3 Trimmer like the Diamond? I love being able to create my own ringtones on my diamond.

2) Will the Pro have a sharper screen than the Diamond or the same? The Diamond screen is beautiful, but I've heard rumors that the screen may be sharper on the Pro.

3) Is the Screen any bigger or is it the same size?

4) Will it have the same overheating and battery issues as the Touch?

5) Is it REALLY going to be THAT much bulkier than the Diamond? From what I've seen so far, it doesn't look too much bigger.

Thank you to all who can help me decide on getting the Pro!!

kidmet 10-09-2008 06:27 PM

Re: A Few Questions Before Switching To The Touch Pro...

Quote:

Originally Posted by staticent116 (Post 452592)
I currently have the Sprint HTC Touch Diamond and definitely want to switch to the Pro when it comes out on the 19th. I love my Diamond, but the lack of a physical keyboard is really doing me in here. But before I upgrade, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me with my questions:

1) Will the Pro have the MP3 Trimmer like the Diamond? I love being able to create my own ringtones on my diamond.

2) Will the Pro have a sharper screen than the Diamond or the same? The Diamond screen is beautiful, but I've heard rumors that the screen may be sharper on the Pro.

5) Is it REALLY going to be THAT much bulkier than the Diamond? From what I've seen so far, it doesn't look too much bigger.

Unfortunately the Sprint Pro isn't out yet, so a lot of these questions will go unanswered. If you are worried about this, wait until it comes out and then decide. No need to decide before a phone is even released.

TheRealHotshot 10-09-2008 06:37 PM

If you do a search you will find the thread with the cab for the htc mp3 trimmer. I got it from here but don't remember which thread it was in.

p-slim 10-09-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

1) THE MP3 trimmer, not sure, but the cab file is out here already, so no worries.
2) The pro is suppose to have the same screen resolution.
3) the screen is exactly the same size. The screen is 2.8" and is VGA 480x640 resolution on both phones.

The last 2 won't know till we actually have one.

drexappeal 10-09-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

1) It should
2) Specs of the screen are the same, from what's been posted on the forums, so can't see why it would be "sharper"
3) same size
4) No clue, but it has the same size battery. It's possible that the bug was worked out for the Touch Pro, since they've had the Diamond out for a while.
5) Depends on who you ask. Some people say "yes," some people say "no." In the thread for the Telus version, it looks like the Touch Pro has slightly less depth (even though reports have the same amount of depth) than the mogul. That being said, the specs say that the Diamond is only .1 mm less in depth than the Touch Pro, but pictures seem to indicate it is a little more noticable than .1 mm.

Baffles 10-09-2008 09:04 PM

1) If Diamond comes with it, Touch Pro should
2) Same screen from what I've heard, though it may be a different one, its not out yet so we don't know for sure
3) same
4) Don't know, but if it's a hardware bug between diamond and touch, it is unlikely to have been fixed for the first wave. I'm hoping not though.
5) It's similar sized to Mogul, so if you've had one you'll know approx what it is.

Trident 10-09-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexappeal (Post 452638)
1) ...
5) Depends on who you ask. Some people say "yes," some people say "no." In the thread for the Telus version, it looks like the Touch Pro has slightly less depth (even though reports have the same amount of depth) than the mogul. That being said, the specs say that the Diamond is only .1 mm less in depth than the Touch Pro, but pictures seem to indicate it is a little more noticable than .1 mm.

A small correction- specs indicate a 0.1 inch difference in depth= approximately 3.5mm.[listed as 14mm for Diamond, 18mm for Pro- both CDMA versions]

rawdikrik 10-09-2008 09:21 PM

ive been telling people "stack 2 diamonds" and thats roughly how big it is.

drexappeal 10-09-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 452790)
A small correction- specs indicate a 0.1 inch difference in depth= approximately 3.5mm.[listed as 14mm for Diamond, 18mm for Pro- both CDMA versions]

Oh, my bad, yeah...that's what I meant.

drexappeal 10-09-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdikrik (Post 452794)
ive been telling people "stack 2 diamonds" and thats roughly how big it is.

Well, that's not entirely accurate either. The Diamond is as thick as the Touch Pro's keyboard part. The screen part on the Touch Pro is thinner than the entire Diamond.