PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: A Few Questions Before Switching To The Touch Pro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticent116 View Post
I currently have the Sprint HTC Touch Diamond and definitely want to switch to the Pro when it comes out on the 19th. I love my Diamond, but the lack of a physical keyboard is really doing me in here. But before I upgrade, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me with my questions:

1) Will the Pro have the MP3 Trimmer like the Diamond? I love being able to create my own ringtones on my diamond.

2) Will the Pro have a sharper screen than the Diamond or the same? The Diamond screen is beautiful, but I've heard rumors that the screen may be sharper on the Pro.

3) Is the Screen any bigger or is it the same size?

4) Will it have the same overheating and battery issues as the Touch?

5) Is it REALLY going to be THAT much bulkier than the Diamond? From what I've seen so far, it doesn't look too much bigger.

Thank you to all who can help me decide on getting the Pro!!

Yes it will come with the trimmer, same screen size & resolution. There the exact same phone but the pro has additional feature such as micro sd slot, flash for the camera, video out & a physical keyboard. Far as the thickness go's you'll probably have to wait until it releases to determine that. Push come to shove I doubt it'll be thicker then the mogul! (some where in the thread there's a manual posted for the cdma pro)=D>
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

rileyfreeman is keeping up the good workrileyfreeman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

comparison shots posted

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38091
Old 10-09-2008, 10:48 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

how large is the onboard memory for the touch pro?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
how large is the onboard memory for the touch pro?
Its 512 mb of rom

Old 10-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Its 512 mb of rom
ah sorry i meant storage memory, and also the size of the sd card too since i'm asking... TIA
Old 10-09-2008, 10:59 PM

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
ah sorry i meant storage memory, and also the size of the sd card too since i'm asking... TIA
Thats what I meant, there is 512mb of rom and 288mb of ram, then of course you have your microsd slot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Thats what I meant, there is 512mb of rom and 288mb of ram, then of course you have your microsd slot.
thanks mate... hows about the sd card since you know so much? jk
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
thanks mate... hows about the sd card since you know so much? jk
Well as far as the microsd card, the 16gb microsd cards just came out a few weeks ago.
There are some other sites that you may be able to get them a few dollars cheaper but probably not by much.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDSDQ-...3608142&sr=8-2
Old 10-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Well as far as the microsd card, the 16gb microsd cards just came out a few weeks ago.
There are some other sites that you may be able to get them a few dollars cheaper but probably not by much.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDSDQ-...3608142&sr=8-2
yeah i know they can be purchased but i was curious how large was the one that comes with the device... btw where are you getting your specs from gotta link?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
yeah i know they can be purchased but i was curious how large was the one that comes with the device... btw where are you getting your specs from gotta link?
Oh sorry, a 1gb card comes with the phone, I think. And sorry for not having any links, its just that I have been living in the raphael forums for a while so everything that I have picked up have come from various posts over a period of time plus I am sleepy and I don't feel like trying to find links. LOL

Last edited by themuffinman; 10-09-2008 at 11:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro