PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
WiFi/BT/GPS... simultaneously?

I haven't done a lot of in depth research on this one... the Mogul shares antenna hardware for (at least) the BT and WiFi chipsets. Has the Touch Pro addressed this functionality in any way, or is it likely that I will still have to kill the WiFi everytime I want to use my BT headset? That has made it hard for me to fully appreciate WmWiFiRouter on my Mogul.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Re: WiFi/BT/GPS... simultaneously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayziepop View Post
I haven't done a lot of in depth research on this one... the Mogul shares antenna hardware for (at least) the BT and WiFi chipsets. Has the Touch Pro addressed this functionality in any way, or is it likely that I will still have to kill the WiFi everytime I want to use my BT headset? That has made it hard for me to fully appreciate WmWiFiRouter on my Mogul.
Really? Never knew about the wifi/bluetooth issue with the Mogul. I guess I never really had both on at the same time.

I'd be curious 'bout that too. The one thing I do remember reading (although, not 100% sure) is that there isn't a wi-fi on/off switch anymore. Apparently, it's auto-connect settings and/or you have to go in through the touch screen menu to turn on.

Can someone else who's looked at the specs confirm what I'm saying?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

They could have program the drivers to disabled it automatically due to possible frequency conflicts (Could also be a hardware limitation in the BT chipset used by HTC). I used to do Sony support for Notebooks and Sony's Wifi program will warn you that activating Wifi and BT Simultaneously can interfere with your internet connection. Bluetooth always seems to win in the rare cases they do conflict.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SouthStar019 is a n00b

bluetooth does operate in the 2.4/2.5Ghz range. even 802.11B operates at the 2.5Ghz. tho i do believe the bluetooth stops before the 2.5ghz hits. light overlap.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I run my WiFi and Bluetooth dongle on my laptop at the same time
Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I'm also curious about this on the diamond/pro.
when I run navizon on 6800, mapping wifi's, I can't stream bluetooth audio without glitches every few seconds.

ha! supprised I never put it together this way before..i wonder if this is causing some "my wifi doesn't work" threads...

Last edited by shaggylive; 10-10-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I've run them both simultaneously on my Mogul. Never heard about this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro