PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WiFi/BT/GPS... simultaneously? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39950)

Krayziepop 10-09-2008 04:13 PM

WiFi/BT/GPS... simultaneously?

I haven't done a lot of in depth research on this one... the Mogul shares antenna hardware for (at least) the BT and WiFi chipsets. Has the Touch Pro addressed this functionality in any way, or is it likely that I will still have to kill the WiFi everytime I want to use my BT headset? That has made it hard for me to fully appreciate WmWiFiRouter on my Mogul. :p

drexappeal 10-09-2008 04:58 PM

Re: WiFi/BT/GPS... simultaneously?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krayziepop (Post 452423)
I haven't done a lot of in depth research on this one... the Mogul shares antenna hardware for (at least) the BT and WiFi chipsets. Has the Touch Pro addressed this functionality in any way, or is it likely that I will still have to kill the WiFi everytime I want to use my BT headset? That has made it hard for me to fully appreciate WmWiFiRouter on my Mogul. :p

Really? Never knew about the wifi/bluetooth issue with the Mogul. I guess I never really had both on at the same time.

I'd be curious 'bout that too. The one thing I do remember reading (although, not 100% sure) is that there isn't a wi-fi on/off switch anymore. Apparently, it's auto-connect settings and/or you have to go in through the touch screen menu to turn on.

Can someone else who's looked at the specs confirm what I'm saying?

pg2k3 10-09-2008 10:16 PM

They could have program the drivers to disabled it automatically due to possible frequency conflicts (Could also be a hardware limitation in the BT chipset used by HTC). I used to do Sony support for Notebooks and Sony's Wifi program will warn you that activating Wifi and BT Simultaneously can interfere with your internet connection. Bluetooth always seems to win in the rare cases they do conflict.

SouthStar019 10-09-2008 11:58 PM

bluetooth does operate in the 2.4/2.5Ghz range. even 802.11B operates at the 2.5Ghz. tho i do believe the bluetooth stops before the 2.5ghz hits. light overlap.

TheBundo 10-10-2008 02:15 AM

I run my WiFi and Bluetooth dongle on my laptop at the same time

shaggylive 10-10-2008 03:14 AM

I'm also curious about this on the diamond/pro.
when I run navizon on 6800, mapping wifi's, I can't stream bluetooth audio without glitches every few seconds.

ha! supprised I never put it together this way before..i wonder if this is causing some "my wifi doesn't work" threads...

TurboFool 10-10-2008 01:10 PM

I've run them both simultaneously on my Mogul. Never heard about this.