PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious
Carrier: Sprint

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D Today Plugins

Is it possible to assign ANY today screen plugin to a tab in TF3D? I have searched and not found a definite answer yet. I have seen where many people want to change their internet tab to Skyfire or even PIE for example. To put it simply, how about we find a way to make a cab that will allow you to assign any today plugin into a tab on TF3D. It would be great to have the VGA version of HTC Home on the home tab and Weatherpanel on the weather tab and maybe Today Agenda on the calendar tab. It would be great if it was almost like UltimateLaunch but using the TF3D slider. I really dont want to have to go back to the satndard WM to be able to access my more detailed programs. TF3D is pretty but its way too shallow and limited for use.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: TF3D Today Plugins

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm currently using TF2D on my Mogul, and realizing the pluses and minuses I'll have to deal with when I get my Touch Pro. I love the interface, and it provides a lot more in one place than most options, but there's little things I miss that I hadn't realized I'd lose completely with it. In its early screenshots and such I hadn't realized it replaced the entire Today screen. I thought that kind of like SPB Mobile Shell it went on top of it. That does severely limit my options for things that I DO need today plugins for. So far I've managed, but there's glaring items missing that I need workarounds for.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Search for "Second Today."

I just found about about it yesterday, and it is a fairly nice solution for TF2D/3D.

You can even assign it to a hardware button so that it pops up... I have my GPSToday running on it right now, and it works great in the background.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i have a diamond with a 2 nd today screen. im sure i read here that someone was using it on a mogul . its also freeware. search the diamond threads its there. look here http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ay_screen.html

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 09-24-2008 at 11:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for the suggestions fellas but but im using ultimatlaunch which has an unlimited number of today screens so 2nd today is kind of weak to me. Im trying to have as few things as possible running my today screen to avoid lag. I know the new hardware and memory could probably handle the load but simplicity always seems to better. there is already a post where people are stating that the eye candy effect is wearing off and they want their old functionality back. lets not let this idea die off. spread the word. it seems like it would be a veryusefal app/cab if its developed. im a noob to making apps so im throwing this out to the brains on site here.

Last edited by TreyBeno; 09-25-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
thanks for the suggestions fellas but but im using ultimatlaunch which has an unlimited number of today screens so 2nd today is kind of weak to me. Im trying to have as few things as possible running my today screen to avoid lag. I know the new hardware and memory could probably handle the load but simplicity always seems to better. there is already a post where people are stating that the eye candy effect is wearing off and they want their old functionality back. lets not let this idea die off. spread the word. it seems like it would be a veryusefal app/cab if its developed. im a noob to making apps so im throwing this out to the brains on site here.
I actually used SecondToday with Ultmate launch my Diamond. That was I could leave TF3D intact and still used my massive cube of UltimateLaunch Tabs.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.

Last edited by kevank; 09-26-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
I actually used SecondToday with Ultmate launch my Diamond. That was I could leave TF3D intact and still used my massive cube of UltimateLaunch Tabs.
So it is possible to have TF3D running on a tab in UltimateLaunch? If so that may be the answer to my issue but i would still like to find a way to reduce the layering of plugins that u would have to use. Its just less things for each program to get a glitch from.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
So it is possible to have TF3D running on a tab in UltimateLaunch? If so that may be the answer to my issue but i would still like to find a way to reduce the layering of plugins that u would have to use. Its just less things for each program to get a glitch from.
Bump. I didn't think it was possible to run ultimate launch within TF3D with Second Today??
Old 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
Bump. I didn't think it was possible to run ultimate launch within TF3D with Second Today??

That's not what he said it all.

He was asking if he could run Manilla 2D INSIDE of UltimateLaunch.

Page 1: TF2D
Page 2: Regular Today plugins
etc etc

For now, having Second Today works alright... if I had more hardware buttons, I would definitely set one to bring it up...
Old 10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
That's not what he said it all.

He was asking if he could run Manilla 2D INSIDE of UltimateLaunch.

Page 1: TF2D
Page 2: Regular Today plugins
etc etc

For now, having Second Today works alright... if I had more hardware buttons, I would definitely set one to bring it up...
oh, gotcha. Now I need to get the time to configure UL launch again! I love that program! One more question: does it kill the battery to have everything running at once?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro