PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

d94 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
upgrading to touch pro w/sero?

been reading around and honestly havent found the answers i was looking for.

iv got the $50 sero w/27% discount
and my contract expires Expires 05/21/2009 (been custo 1.5yrs- willing to renew)
do i need insurance on my plan? (been thinkin about taking it off)
i just replaced my mogual a few weeks ago because it was being so buggy and now the new mogal i have still has bugs..so i was thinking about exchaning it again or should i just tell them iv been thinkin about switching and i want a hookup on the touch pro? and would they give it to me even though iv got sero? and if so..i wonder how good of a price i can get

but honestly, if they dont let me keep sero..its going to be a while before i get this phone

Mogul > Diamond FREE, $75 inconvenience credit
$42/mo 1250 min unlimited txt/data + TEP
<sprint tech>
Old 09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: upgrading to touch pro w/sero?

how'd you get an extra 27% discount on your SERO bill?!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Bump!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Subscribing because I'd like to know the answer to the OP's question...
Old 09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
EDS discount
Old 09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(6850)

falzon03 is keeping up the good workfalzon03 is keeping up the good work

more then likely they will just tell you know...they will have to replace a phone with the same model at least 3 times before even thinking about giving you options on comparable models. Sprint has also changed their policy on replacements...well actually theyre following the rules now haha ...they WILL NOT simply replace your mogul with a Touch Pro. especially considering it doesnt come out until next month. As long as they have moguls in stock that is the phone you will get though insurance. They also will not give you a deal on upgrading the phone due to the fact that you arent even ready for your full two year upgrade...best bet is to wait until your ready for an upgrade....also at least 6months after the Pro comes out and have the phone replaced more then 3 times within that 6 months and you MIGHT get lucky enough to get the Pro then.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzon03 View Post
more then likely they will just tell you know...they will have to replace a phone with the same model at least 3 times before even thinking about giving you options on comparable models. Sprint has also changed their policy on replacements...well actually theyre following the rules now haha ...they WILL NOT simply replace your mogul with a Touch Pro. especially considering it doesnt come out until next month. As long as they have moguls in stock that is the phone you will get though insurance. They also will not give you a deal on upgrading the phone due to the fact that you arent even ready for your full two year upgrade...best bet is to wait until your ready for an upgrade....also at least 6months after the Pro comes out and have the phone replaced more then 3 times within that 6 months and you MIGHT get lucky enough to get the Pro then.
It doesn't matter if you are close to your two year upgrade or not, if you know who to call you can easily get a pretty reasonable deal on a touch pro. I mean look in the diamond forums, those guys are getting all kind of great deals and some hadn't even been in their current contract for a year. The most they will ask you to do is extend your contract to 2 years. I am not even up for my one year upgrade and have never had a mogul replaced and I am certain I will get 2 touch pros or 1 pro and 1 diamond for new contract price at the most.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
It doesn't matter if you are close to your two year upgrade or not, if you know who to call you can easily get a pretty reasonable deal on a touch pro. I mean look in the diamond forums, those guys are getting all kind of great deals and some hadn't even been in their current contract for a year. The most they will ask you to do is extend your contract to 2 years. I am not even up for my one year upgrade and have never had a mogul replaced and I am certain I will get 2 touch pros or 1 pro and 1 diamond for new contract price at the most.
thats what i wanted to hear
now the only question is who is the right person.. and what would my mogul be worth after the touch pro is out
Old 09-24-2008, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d94 View Post
thats what i wanted to hear
now the only question is who is the right person.. and what would my mogul be worth after the touch pro is out

just sold my new in box replacement on ebay for $240 bin it sold in like 4 hours...lol Anyway i fought tooth and nail for them to budge on allowing me to trade in my NIB mogul for another phone as others have been able to pull off even with refurbs... but was unsuccessful after many conv back and forth w/ecare which was horrible I called retensions last night to she if i could get them to do it but the refused saying that they can't becasue it was not from their inventory! She did say that I was able to get the Diamond at full upgrade price of $249 though after rebates and have only been for 8 months (really since 03) just new account. She recommended that i sell me mogul and purchase a new phone.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:58 PM
d94
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

darn..i emailed em and this is how they replied:

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I am sorry for the inconvenience that
has caused to you due to the handset HTC Mogul.

Currently line #5708 is eligible for the rebate of $75.00. This line
will be eligible for the rebate of $150.00 as of March, 2009. On the
rebate of $150.00, you will get the handset HTC pro on the online price.

You are a valuable customer for us. What I can do for you is that I am
offering you the additional credit of $75.00 on the account. Thus, you
will receive the total rebate of $150.00 against the price of the new
handset. Once you activate the new handset, please reply to us. I will
apply the credit of $75.00 on the account.

I understand your inconvenience due to the malfunctioning of the handset
HTC Mogul. Alternatively, I suggest you to replace the handset through
Asurion. Considering the inconvenience that has caused to you, I will
apply the credit of $50.00 on the account.

We appreciate your association with us. Have a great day!
--------------------------------
i wonder if i should tell him that their own tech even told me these mogul's are full of bugs and and issues, that my unit is brand new and only weeks old and im already having so many problems along with atleast 2 resets a day due to low memory which the diamond pro should addres...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro